Audio Recording"She had planned to study to be a fashion designer, but now she can't because her life is very confused."
- Contributor: Cueto, Milagros "millie" - Carroll, Thomas D. - Goicoechea, Aurora
- Date: 1994-09-01
Audio RecordingTake me back to Canada Victor 17742. Matrix/Take: B-15641/3.
- Contributor: Beck, O. F. - Rogers, Walter B. - Hamilton, Edward - Werrenrath, Reinald
- Date: 1915-01-29
Audio Recording"It was a very busy area, and it was a mix of people."
- Contributor: Schagen, Albert W. - Schagen, Mina - Carroll, Thomas D.
- Date: 1994-09-12
Audio RecordingDie Uhr
Gesange, op. 123. Uhr Victor 68339. Matrix/Take: C-11624/1.
- Contributor: Baker, Charles Albert - Loewe, Carl - Van Eweyk, Arthur
- Date: 1912-02-28
Audio RecordingNoche feliz
Polka | Happy night | Canciones Mexicanas Victor 958. Matrix/Take: B-24460/4.
- Contributor: Caruso, Enrico - Pasternack, Josef - Posadas, Guillermo
- Date: 1920-09-14
Audio RecordingHear that orchestra rag Columbia A1185. Matrix/Take: 19928/2.
- Contributor: Peerless Quartet - Branen, Jeff T. - Hollander, Joseph M.
- Date: 1912-06-08
Audio RecordingJames LaMondia interview conducted by Dale Cahill and Darcy Cahill, 2014-11-25. James describes the work he has done for the past thirty-odd years working to create disease resistant varieties of tobacco for Connecticut farmers. He is a plant pathologist who works out in the tobacco fields and in his lab at the Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station.
- Contributor: Occupational Folklife Project - Cahill, Darcy - Lamondia, James Arthur - Cahill, Dale F.
- Date: 2014
Audio RecordingTerry James Thibodeaux interview conducted by Pat Jasper, 2011-11-11. Terry Thibodeaux talks to Pat Jasper about his career as a Port Engineer with Martin Marine. He discusses the nuances of his job, the dangers involved and the work involved in building a ship.
- Contributor: Occupational Folklife Project - Thibodeaux, Terry James - Quesada, José Angel - Jasper, Pat
- Date: 2011
Audio RecordingMr. and Mrs. Murphy
Murphy | Descriptive specialty Victor 16100. Matrix/Take: B-2515/5.
- Contributor: Von Tilzer, Albert - Jones, Ada - Spencer, Len
- Date: 1905-12-15
Audio RecordingIsabella Gardner and John Logan reading their poems in the Coolidge Auditorium, Nov. 1, 1971 Ms. Gardner reads six poems from her collection, West of childhood, and three uncollected poems. Mr. Logan reads two poems from his collection, Zig-zag walk and four poems from Only the dreamer can change the dream, which was unpublished at the time of reading. The program concludes with each poet reading a poem from each other's work.
- Contributor: Gardner, Isabella - Gertrude Clarke Whittall Poetry and Literature Fund - Logan, John - Archive of Recorded Poetry and Literature (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1971
Audio RecordingFive days gone : the mystery of my mother's disappearance as a child Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available "In the fall of 1929, when Laura Cumming's mother was three years old, she was kidnapped from a beach on the Lincolnshire coast of England. There were no screams when she was taken, suggesting the culprit was someone familiar to her, and when she turned up again in a nearby village several days later, she was found in perfect health and happiness. No one...
- Contributor: Reading, Kate - Cumming, Laura
- Date: 2019
Audio RecordingDance of the fairies Victor 16048. Matrix/Take: B-5037/1.
- Contributor: Damaré, E. - Victor Orchestra - Lyons, Darius
- Date: 1908-01-28
Audio RecordingMoon dear
A society circus Columbia 3393. Matrix/Take: 3393/2.
- Contributor: Klein, Manuel - Stanley, Frank C.
- Date: 1906-05-31
Audio RecordingOff the record interview with Ben E. King, [1986-1988?]-08-09
- Contributor: Smith, Joe (1928-) - King, Ben E.
- Date: 1986-08-09
Audio RecordingMaloney Is Dead
- Contributor: Kennedy, Stetson - Roberts, Mary Jane - Cook, Robert Harrison
- Date: 1940-01-16
Audio RecordingThe essential Bessie Smith. Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Bessie Smith was a famous blues singer during the 1920's and 30's. All of these recordings were made during a 10 year period from 1923-1933. Includes 36 tracks on 2 discs that feature performances with Louis Armstrong and Benny Goodman.
- Contributor: Handy, W. C. (William Christopher) - Albertson, Chris - Metz, Theodore A. - Berlin, Irving - Smith, Bessie
- Date: 1997
Audio RecordingWang-wang blues
Fox trot Victor 18694. Matrix/Take: B-24392/2.
- Contributor: McDonald, Harold - Busse, Henry - Whiteman, Paul - Ambassador Orchestra - Heiss, Sammy - Pingitore, Mike - Grofé, Ferde - Johnson, Theron E. "buster" - Mueller, Gus
- Date: 1920-08-09
Audio RecordingMaggie in the woods
Irish polka Columbia 251-D. Matrix/Take: 140129/2.
- Contributor: Peters, Susan - Gaffney, Patrick
- Date: 1924-11-08
Audio RecordingMy sunshine Jane Columbia A2412. Matrix/Take: 77383/2.
- Contributor: Miller, Reed - Brennan, J. Keirn - Ball, Ernest R. - Wheeler, Frederick J.
- Date: 1917-09-26
Audio RecordingRolling stones
All come rolling home again Victor 18215. Matrix/Take: B-18723/1.
- Contributor: Leslie, Edgar - Pasternack, Josef - Gottler, Archie - Burr, Henry
- Date: 1916-11-20
Audio RecordingMark Cannon interview conducted by Tanya Ducker Finchum and Juliana M. Nykolaiszyn, 2012-06-15. Mark Cannon was born in 1951 in Hugo, Oklahoma, and is grandson of Vernon and Jewell Pratt, who invited the first circus to establish winter quarters in Hugo, Oklahoma. Vernon Pratt was in the grocery store business, but later purchased and operated his own circus. Mark shared his memories of his grandfather and the circus. He also talked about his mother and aunt performing,...
- Contributor: Cannon, Mark - Finchum, Tanya - Occupational Folklife Project - Nykolaiszyn, Juliana
- Date: 2012
Resource: View All Images
Audio RecordingI hear America singing sound recording | Billy Collins, former United States Poet Laureate, reading Walt Whitman's poem I hear America singing. (Content). Recorded at the Library of Congress. Sound Recording (Form). Sound Recording (Form).
- Contributor: Collins, Billy - Whitman, Walt
- Date: 1903-03-19
Audio RecordingChilean poet Enrique Gómez-Correa reading from his work Mr. Gómez-Correa reads from Cataclismo en los ojos, Las hijas de la memoria, Mandrágora, siglo XX, La noche al desnudo, El pleno día, El calor animal and Zonas eróticas.
- Contributor: Gómez-Correa, Enrique - Archive of Hispanic Literature on Tape (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1977
Audio RecordingWednesday Night Reading Series: Alan Davies and Ted Greenwald. Recorded at St. Mark's Church in-the-Bowery on 16-Apr-97. Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site. Description from label on media box. Number from edge label: 1619
- Contributor: St. Mark's Church In-The-Bowery (New York, N.Y.). Poetry Project
- Date: 1997
Audio RecordingWomen's Shawl Contest Song
- Contributor: Fleischhauer, Carl - Host Drum
- Date: 1983-08-14