The Library of Congress Homepage
2022 National Book Festival Lineup Announced
Nick Offerman, Janelle Monáe, Sabaa Tahir join more than 100 authors in D.C. Sept. 3.
Ada Limón Named U.S. Poet Laureate
Engaging poet and podcaster will open the Library's literary season on Sept. 29.
Thursday Night Fun & Programs
"Live at the Library" features evening engagement in a gorgeous setting.
- National Book Festival Mark Your Calendar for Sept. 3 as We Return to the Convention Center
- Explore Reading Rooms Get a Glimpse into DC's Most Beautiful Spaces in July
- News Get the Latest News from the Library of Congress
- Events Our Calendar of Upcoming Events, In-Person & Virtual
- Exhibitions Explore Library Exhibitions in Person & Online
- Fiction Prize Jesmyn Ward to Receive 2022 Library Prize for American Fiction
Use the largest library in the world online or in person! More about the Library.
Free to Use and Reuse: Natural Disasters
This set offers representative images of avalanches, blizzards, droughts and dust storms, earthquakes, floods, forest fires, heat waves, hurricanes, landslides, tornadoes, volcanic eruptions, and waterspouts from the 16th to the 21st centuries. The pictures are from the Prints & Photographs Division collections unless otherwise noted. Browse more content that is free to use and reuse