Know Before You Go
We are so thrilled to welcome you back to the Library! Please be advised that, for the safety and well-being of all visitors:
TIMED-ENTRY PASSES ARE REQUIRED FOR ENTRY TO THE THOMAS JEFFERSON BUILDING. YOU CAN RESERVE YOUR PASSES HERE.
ALL VISITORS AGE 2 AND OVER MUST WEAR A MASK OR CLOTH FACE COVERING OVER THE NOSE AND MOUTH WHILE AT THE LIBRARY.
The well-being of visitors and staff is the Library’s top priority. We have adjusted the visitor experience to meet current local and national health and safety guidelines. Visitors must abide by all Library guidelines, including those listed below and on the Library’s website, as well as any that are posted at the Library or provided by staff during the visit. If a visitor or a member of their party fails to follow these guidelines and instructions, they may be denied entry or be asked to leave the premises.
Please review the following requirements:
- TIMED ENTRY: Every Library of Congress visitor, regardless of age, must reserve timed-entry passes in order to maintain safe capacity levels in the Thomas Jefferson Building. Please bring your digital or printed pass to be scanned with a touchless device when you arrive at the Library.
- GROUP SIZE: The Library accepts reservations for groups of up to 6 people. Larger groups are not permitted at this time. Visitors may not combine reservations to create a group that exceeds the maximum allowable number. Visitors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Please be advised – voice amplification systems are not permitted inside the Thomas Jefferson Building.
- FACE COVERING: Everyone age 2 and over must wear a mask or cloth face covering over the nose and mouth while at the Library. Anyone with a medical reason that prevents wearing a mask must obtain authorization from the ADA coordinator by emailing ADA@loc.gov at least 5 business days prior to visiting.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Individuals, household groups or those visiting together must maintain a safe social distance of at least 6 feet from other visitors. Those visiting as a group should remain together. Children under 16 must stay with adults at all times. Social distancing signage and directions will be found throughout our facilities.
- SAFETY: Please wash and sanitize hands frequently during your visit. Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout our facilities.
- HEALTH SCREENING: Anyone who is feeling unwell or has a fever should arrange to visit another day. All visitors must go through health screening protocols established by the Library.
- PASSES: Passes may not be sold or transferred. Passes are valid only for the issued date and time and are void if altered.
- For information about using the Library’s collections, please visit our researcher information page