Photo, Print, Drawing Ringel with camera on top wing digital file from original
About this Item
- Ringel with camera on top wing
- Photograph shows aerial barnstormer "Jersey" Ringel standing with camera on top of wing of airplane in flight.
- Contributor Names
- Cline, Walter M., 1873-1941, photographer
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Ringel, Jersey
- - Photographers--1920-1930
- - Daredevils--1920-1930
- - Stunt flying--1920-1930
- Photographic prints--1920-1930.
- Photographic prints--1920-1930
- - J249018 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Title from item.
- - Exhibited as a digital copy in: "Not an Ostrich: And Other Images from America's Library" at the Annenberg Space for Photography, 2018; Photographers section.
- - Annenberg batch 14
- 1 photograph : gelatin silver print ; sheet 9 x 14 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- SSF - Daredevils [item] [P&P]
- Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.print
- Digital Id
- ppmsca 53157 //hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.53157
- cph 3b18311 //hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b18311
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Reproduction Number
- LC-DIG-ppmsca-53157 (digital file from original) LC-USZ62-70921 (b&w film copy neg.)
- Rights Advisory
- No known restrictions on publication.
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights & Access
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
- Rights Advisory: No known restrictions on publication.
- Reproduction Number: LC-DIG-ppmsca-53157 (digital file from original) LC-USZ62-70921 (b&w film copy neg.)
- Call Number: SSF - Daredevils [item] [P&P]
- Access Advisory: ---
If an image is displaying, you can download it yourself. (Some images display only as thumbnails outside the Library of Congress because of rights considerations, but you have access to larger size images on site.)
Alternatively, you can purchase copies of various types through Library of Congress Duplication Services.
- If a digital image is displaying: The qualities of the digital image partially depend on whether it was made from the original or an intermediate such as a copy negative or transparency. If the Reproduction Number field above includes a reproduction number that starts with LC-DIG..., then there is a digital image that was made directly from the original and is of sufficient resolution for most publication purposes.
If there is information listed in the Reproduction Number field above:
You can use the reproduction number to purchase a copy from Duplication Services. It will be
made from the source listed in the parentheses after the number.
If only black-and-white ("b&w") sources are listed and you desire a copy showing color or tint (assuming the original has any), you can generally purchase a quality copy of the original in color by citing the Call Number listed above and including the catalog record ("About This Item") with your request.
- If there is no information listed in the Reproduction Number field above: You can generally purchase a quality copy through Duplication Services. Cite the Call Number listed above and include the catalog record ("About This Item") with your request.
Price lists, contact information, and order forms are available on the Duplication Services Web site.
Access to Originals
Please use the following steps to determine whether you need to fill out a call slip in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room to view the original item(s). In some cases, a surrogate (substitute image) is available, often in the form of a digital image, a copy print, or microfilm.
Is the item digitized? (A thumbnail (small) image will be visible on the left.)
Yes, the item is digitized.
Please use the digital image in preference to requesting the original. All images can be
viewed at a large size when you are in any reading room at the Library of Congress. In some
cases, only thumbnail (small) images are available when you are outside the Library of
Congress because the item is rights restricted or has not been evaluated for rights
As a preservation measure, we generally do not serve an original item when a digital image is available. If you have a compelling reason to see the original, consult with a reference librarian. (Sometimes, the original is simply too fragile to serve. For example, glass and film photographic negatives are particularly subject to damage. They are also easier to see online where they are presented as positive images.)
- No, the item is not digitized. Please go to #2.
- Yes, the item is digitized. Please use the digital image in preference to requesting the original. All images can be viewed at a large size when you are in any reading room at the Library of Congress. In some cases, only thumbnail (small) images are available when you are outside the Library of Congress because the item is rights restricted or has not been evaluated for rights restrictions.
Do the Access Advisory or Call Number fields above indicate that a non-digital surrogate exists, such as microfilm or copy prints?
- Yes, another surrogate exists. Reference staff can direct you to this surrogate.
- No, another surrogate does not exist. Please go to #3.
- If you do not see a thumbnail image or a reference to another surrogate, please fill out a call slip in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room. In many cases, the originals can be served in a few minutes. Other materials require appointments for later the same day or in the future. Reference staff can advise you in both how to fill out a call slip and when the item can be served.
To contact Reference staff in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room, please use our Ask A Librarian service or call the reading room between 8:30 and 5:00 at 202-707-6394, and Press 3.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Cline, Walter M, photographer. Ringel With Camera on Top Wing. , 1921. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/2003655443/.
APA citation style:
Cline, W. M., photographer. (1921) Ringel With Camera on Top Wing. , 1921. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003655443/.
MLA citation style:
Cline, Walter M, photographer. Ringel With Camera on Top Wing. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2003655443/>.
More Photos, Prints, Drawings like this
Photo, Print, Drawing"Jersey" Ringel standing on top wing of aeroplane 1 photographic print. | Photograph shows man standing on top of flying plane; Jersey Ringel written on side of plane.
- Date: 1921
Photo, Print, DrawingThe "Human fly" otherwise known as John Reynolds giving an exhibition of his skill on the ... 1 photographic print.
- Date: 1924
Photo, Print, DrawingThree daredevils united to make greatest stunt picture ever taken ... 1 photographic print. | "Bugs" McGowan getting grip on the wing skid of an airplane, flown by Mabel Cody, flashing over racing auto driven by Sig Haugdahl, Pablo Beach, Calif.
- Date: 1921
CollectionThe Cumberland River and Falls, nearby points of interest 13 photos ; 4 x 6 in. | Hall's Gap, tunnel and highway bridge at Brunside, Cumberland Falls State Park, etc. Water wheel at Mill Springs, Kentucky.
- Contributor: Cline, Walter M.
- Date: 1939
Photo, Print, DrawingHarry Kahne, mental marvel and daredevil from Keiths Theatre, amuses the cross word puzzle fans as ... 1 photographic print.
- Date: 1925