Manuscript/Mixed Material Perry Lewis, Baltimore, Maryland
About this Item
- Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 8, Maryland, Brooks-Williams
- - Includes narratives by Alice Lewis, Annie Young Henson, Caroline Hammond, Charles Coles, Dennis Simms, George Jones, James Calhart James, James V. Deane, James Wiggins, Jim Taylor, Lucy Brooks, Mary James, Menellis Gassaway, Mrs. M. S. Fayman, Page Harris, Perry Lewis, Phillip Johnson, Rev. Silas Jackson, Rezin (Parson) Williams, Richard Macks, Thomas Foote, Tom Randall
- - Interviews were conducted by Ellen B. Warfield, Guthrie, Rogers, and Stansbury.
- - Interviews were conducted in Baltimore, Camp Parole, Cockeysville, Forest Glen, Oella, and Poolesville, Maryland.
- 81 pages
- Source Collection
- Federal Writer's Project, United States Work Projects Administration (USWPA)
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
- Original Format
- manuscript/mixed material
The Library of Congress is not aware of any copyright restrictions for the materials presented in this collection. U.S. Government employees created the materials in this collection. Generally speaking, works created by U.S. Government employees are not eligible for copyright protection in the United States, although they may be under copyright in some foreign countries. The persons interviewed or whose words were transcribed were generally not employees of the U.S. Government. Privacy and publicity rights may apply.
More information about American Memory, Copyright and other Restrictions.
Suggested credit line:
For digital images of typewritten narratives: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division.
For digital images of photographs: Library of Congress, [name of custodial division].
Note: Photographs in the online collection may originate from either the Prints and Photographs Division or the Manuscript Division. The record for each photograph specifies its custodial division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 8, Maryland, Brooks-Williams. 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn080/.
APA citation style:
(1936) Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 8, Maryland, Brooks-Williams. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn080/.
MLA citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 8, Maryland, Brooks-Williams. 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mesn080/>.