Map [The Codex Quetzalecatzin].
About this Item
- [The Codex Quetzalecatzin].
- Other Title
- Mapa de Ecatepec-Huitziltepec
- Codex Ehecatepec and Huitziltepec
- Charles Ratton Codex
- Created / Published
- [Mexico] : [Producer not identified], 1593.
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--Mexico--Oaxaca (State)--Maps
- - Real property--Mexico--Puebla (State)--Maps
- - Landowners--Mexico--Oaxaca (State)--Maps
- - Landowners--Mexico--Puebla (State)--Maps
- - Aztecs--Early works to 1800--Maps
- - Indians of Mexico--Mexico--Oaxaca (State)--Maps
- - Indians of Mexico--Mexico--Puebla (State)--Maps
- - Indians of Mexico--Mexico--Oaxaca (State)--Pictorial works
- - Indians of Mexico--Mexico--Puebla (State)--Pictorial works
- - Oaxaca (Mexico : State)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Puebla (Mexico : State)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Oaxaca (Mexico : State)--Pictorial works
- - Puebla (Mexico : State)--Pictorial works
- - Mexico--Oaxaca (State)
- - Mexico--Puebla (State)
- Cadastral maps
- Early maps
- - Shows genealogical information and land ownership for the Nahuatl "de Leon" family from 1480-1593.
- - Map covers southern Puebla from the church of Todos Santos, Ecatepec (now suburb to the north east of modern-day Mexico City), and Lake Texcoco (now the National Reserve "El Caracol") to the church of Santa Cruz Huitziltepec, Pue at the lower right, with the lower portion of the map crossed by what appears to be the Atoyac River in northern Oaxaca.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Title from dealer's publication.
- - Iron gall ink and watercolor on European laid paper, some discoloration and repaired losses, and mounted on cloth.
- - Includes text, romanized Nahuatl glosses for the hieroglyphics, the date "1593" in Latin script in lower left, and color illustrations.
- - On verso in lower right corner: 2668.
- - Place names in Latin with translations of numerous ancient Mexican hieroglyphs.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 manuscript map : color ; 90 x 73 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4701.G46 1593 .C6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Codex Quetzalecatzin. [Mexico: Producer not identified, 1593] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2017590521/.
APA citation style:
(1593) The Codex Quetzalecatzin. [Mexico: Producer not identified] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2017590521/.
MLA citation style:
The Codex Quetzalecatzin. [Mexico: Producer not identified, 1593] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2017590521/>.
More Maps like this
MapPlan of Princess Ann and Norfolk counties. Shows names of some residents. Map on 2 sheets sectioned and pasted together. LC Land ownership maps, 1333 Includes historical references. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a...
- Date: 1780
MapCaptn. Willoby. Newton's including deed for 6421 acrer of land in the County of Fairfax : ...
Captain Willoughby Newton's including deed for 6421 acre of land in the County of Fairfax : Shows the parcel bounded by Bull Run Creek to the south, Cub Run to the west, and Little Rocky Run to the east in Fairfax County, Virginia and names of landowners. Title...
- Contributor: Davis, Elias
- Date: 1748
MapA map of Township (No. 14) in the 7th Range of townships, in the County of ... Cadastral survey map of original landholdings in what is now the northern part of the city of Rochester (N.Y.) and the town (township) of Irondequoit in the present-day Monroe County (N.Y.). Shows...
- Contributor: Street, Samuel - De Krafft, Charles - Gilbert, Job
- Date: 1792
MapMapa de las locaciones del Distrito de Manchack Cadastral map. Relief shown by hachures. Pen-and-ink. Oriented with north toward the lower left. Watermarks: Budgen and fleur-de-lis in a shield surmounted by a crown over the letters GR. From the papers...
- Contributor: Pintado, Vicente Sebastián
- Date: 1799
Map[Map of the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain between Bayou Chenchuba and Bayou Lacombe, Louisiana] Shows area in St. Tammany Parish. Cadastral map. Relief shown by hachures. Place names and text in French. Title from John R. Hébert's list of maps. Pen-and-ink and pencil. Has watermarks. From...
- Contributor: Pintado, Vicente Sebastián - Guillemard
- Date: 1798