Map [Site of the Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., in relation to pre-1790 landholdings].
About this Item
- [Site of the Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., in relation to pre-1790 landholdings].
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Library of Congress--Maps, Manuscript
- - Real property--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Manuscript maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Shows boundaries and names of original landholdings.
- - Indicates "Approximate position of L. of C.--located by a later survey."
- - "Traced from a map in 'Potomac Flats Case,' vol. VI."
- - Lead pencil.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - DCP
- 1 map : ms., tracing paper ; 49 x 48 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3852.L5G46 1790 .S5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Site of the Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., in relation to pre- landholdings. [19, 1790] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/88690896/.
APA citation style:
(1790) Site of the Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., in relation to pre- landholdings.  [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/88690896/.
MLA citation style:
Site of the Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., in relation to pre- landholdings. [19, 1790] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/88690896/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of that part of the city of Washington on which Mess'rs Lynch and Sands mansion-house ... Covers area bounded by 8th, M, 6th streets, and New York Avenue N.W. Probably drawn by Nicholas King, city surveyor. Black and red inks. Watermark: IV. Mounted on cloth backing. Available also...
- Contributor: King, N. - King, N. (Nicholas)
- Date: 1796
Map[Cadastral map of areas designated Appropriation no. 11 and Appropriation no. 12, Washington D.C.]. Covers area bounded by Pennsylvania Avenue, 3rd, C, and 2nd streets N.W. Title devised by cataloger. Black and brown inks, tan wash, and lead pencil. Missing section at bottom and mounted on...
- Date: 1800
MapSquare 18 : [Washington D.C.?] Cadastral map covering area bounded by Chestnut Av., Railroad Av., and Eleventh St. Unclear that area is in Washington D.C. Pen-and-ink and lead pencil. Stained and soiled. Includes notes. On verso in...
- Contributor: Taber, A. C.
- Date: 1872
Map[Cadastral map of block possibly in Washington D.C.]. Covers block bounded by Chestnut Av., Eleventh St., and Railroad Av. Unclear that area is in Washington D.C. Orientation not indicated. Pen-and-ink and lead pencil. Stained, torn, fold-lined, and trimmed at corners....
- Date: 1872
MapSquare no. 118 : [Washington D.C.]. Cadastral map of block bounded by Pennsylvania Av., 20th, I, and 19th streets N.W. Pen-and-ink and lead pencil. Edged with brown cloth. Includes note and computations. On cloth backing in lead pencil:...
- Contributor: Gauss, Henry C. - Association of the Oldest Inhabitants of the District of Columbia
- Date: 1800