Map Map of Chester County, Pennsylvania : from original surveys Copy 1
About this Item
- Map of Chester County, Pennsylvania : from original surveys
- Contributor Names
- Bowen, John S.
- Yeager, E. (Edward)
- Created / Published
- [Philadelphia? : s.n.], 1847.
- Subject Headings
- - Chester County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Chester County--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--West Chester--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--West Chester--Maps
- - West Chester (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Chester County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--West Chester
- - General-content county map also showing rural buildings and householders' names; larger real-property tracts with owners' names shown only in West Chester borough inset.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Prime meridian: Washington D.C.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1847 by S.M. Painter & J.S. Bowen ... in and for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - Hand col. to emphasize township boundaries and territories.
- - LC copy 1 imperfect: Darkened, fold-lined, quartered to fold to 54 x 62 cm., has ghost title (reversed) at head of printed title; copy 2 incomplete, rubber-stamped, annotated.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 723
- - Includes note, statistical table, "Borough of West Chester" inset, and inset of the Newark triangle (later transferred to New Castle County, Del.).
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map : hand col., cloth backing ; 95 x 112 cm., folded to 54 x 62 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3823.C5 1847 .P3
- G3823.C5 1847 .P3 Copy 2 Not hand col. (black-and-white), on 2 sheets, missing NE and SE sheets.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bowen, John S, and E Yeager. Map of Chester County, Pennsylvania: from original surveys. [Philadelphia?: s.n, 1847] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592159/.
APA citation style:
Bowen, J. S. & Yeager, E. (1847) Map of Chester County, Pennsylvania: from original surveys. [Philadelphia?: s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592159/.
MLA citation style:
Bowen, John S, and E Yeager. Map of Chester County, Pennsylvania: from original surveys. [Philadelphia?: s.n, 1847] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2012592159/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of Chester County, Pennsylvania General-content county map showing schools, meetinghouses, smithies, inns, post-offices, etc.; does not show landowners'/householders' names. Hand col. to emphasize township/borough boundaries and territories. Relief shown by hachures. Prime meridian: Washington D.C. Former...
- Contributor: Barnes, Rufus L. - Painter, Samuel Marshall - Bowen, John S. - Kennedy, T. J.
- Date: 1856
MapMap of Chester Co., Pennsylvania. LC Land ownership maps, 725 Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: Kennedy, T. J.
- Date: 1860
MapMap of Forest Co., Pennsylvania
Irwin's map of Forest County, Penna. Landownership map showing townships, property tracts, tract numbers, acreages, landholders' names, existing railroads, and proposed railroads. Hand col. to show township areas and county boundary. Publisher's map list in cover. Available also...
- Contributor: Irwin, R. - J.L. Smith Co.
- Date: 1881
MapMap of Butler County, Pennsylvania Cadastral maps showing land owners. LC Land ownership maps, 717 Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: Dunlap, Jas - McKee, Hugh - Maurhoff, E. - Kirker, J. W. - Scott, David
- Date: 1858
MapTownship map of Berks County, Pennsylvania, from actual surveys
Bridgens' township map of Berks County, Pennsylvania | Berks County Relief shown by hachures. Map of Pennsylvania on front lining paper. LeGear. Atlases of the United States, 6160 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Includes...
- Contributor: Fagan, L. - Bridgens, H. F. (Henry F.)
- Date: 1862