Map Farm map of Alexandria Township, Hunterdon Co., N.J.
About this Item
- Farm map of Alexandria Township, Hunterdon Co., N.J.
- Contributor Names
- Hughes, Matthew, cartographer.
- Friend & Aub.
- Created / Published
- [Philadelphia?] : Published by Matthew Hughes, 1860.
- Philada. [Philadelphia] : Lith. of Friend & Aub.
- Subject Headings
- - Farms--New Jersey--Alexandria (Township)--Maps
- - Farms, Size of--New Jersey--Alexandria (Township)--Maps
- - Landowners--New Jersey--Alexandria (Township)--Maps
- - Real property--New Jersey--Alexandria (Township)--Maps
- - Alexandria (N.J. : Township)--Maps
- - United States--New Jersey--Alexandria (Township)
- Cadastral maps
- Wall maps
- - Township wall map showing individual farms, farmstead buildings, landowners' names, and farm acreages.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Hand colored to emphasize individual farms.
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1860 by Matthew Hughes in the ... eastern District of Pa."
- - LC copy imperfect: Shellacked, brittle, darkened, extensively tape-mended on verso, mounted on cloth backing, hemmed in cloth (partially missing) along lateral edges.
- - Originally printed on 4 sheets (now conjoined on cloth backing).
- - Issued with rounded wooden rods attached to upper/lower sheet edges to enable wall hanging and to be rollable for remote storage.
- - Includes note, list of map subscribers' names, statistical table of distances between places in the township, and illustrations of principal residences/ farmsteads/gristmills.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : color ; 159 x 117 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3814.A27J15 1860 .H8
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hughes, Matthew, Cartographer, and Friend & Aub. Farm map of Alexandria Township, Hunterdon Co., N.J. [Philadelphia?: Published by Matthew Hughes, . Philada. Philadelphia: Lith. of Friend & Aub, 1860] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2015585541/.
APA citation style:
Hughes, M. & Friend & Aub. (1860) Farm map of Alexandria Township, Hunterdon Co., N.J. [Philadelphia?: Published by Matthew Hughes, . Philada. Philadelphia: Lith. of Friend & Aub] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2015585541/.
MLA citation style:
Hughes, Matthew, Cartographer, and Friend & Aub. Farm map of Alexandria Township, Hunterdon Co., N.J. [Philadelphia?: Published by Matthew Hughes, . Philada. Philadelphia: Lith. of Friend & Aub, 1860] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2015585541/>.
More Maps like this
MapFarm map of Plumstead Township, Bucks Co., Penn'a Wall map showing farm outlines, owners' names, acreages, rural buildings, road network, and farm lanes. Hand col. to distinguish individual farms and roads. Oriented with north toward the upper right. Originally printed...
- Contributor: Hughes, Michael - Friend & Aub
- Date: 1859
MapMap of Morrow Co., Ohio LC Land ownership maps, 660 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Includes population statistical tables, views of public, commercial, and residential properties. Inset: Chesterfield --...
- Contributor: Harwood & Watson - Woodford & Bartlett - Friend & Aub
- Date: 1857
MapMap of Warren County, New Jersey General-content county wall map also showing rural buildings and householders' names; the insets show buildings and occupants'/owners' names.
- Contributor: Wagner & M'guigan - Friend & Aub - McCarty, D.
- Date: 1852
MapMap of Essex County, New Jersey : 1874 General-content county wall map showing extant/planned street systems in urban areas, principal buildings in urban areas, and all buildings (including householders' names) in rural areas. Coverage includes cities of Orange and Newark...
- Contributor: Hughes, Matthew
- Date: 1874
MapMap of Hamilton, Madison County, New York Wall map. Includes ill. of area residences and maps of Earlville and Poolville. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Mounted on cloth. LC copy imperfect:...
- Contributor: Friend & Aub - Clark, Benjamin A.
- Date: 1858