Map Map of Hampshire County, Massachusetts
About this Item
- Map of Hampshire County, Massachusetts
- Contributor Names
- Barker, Wm. J. (William J.) (Surveyor)
- James D. Scott & Owen McLeran.
- E. Herrlein's Lith.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Published by James D. Scott & Owen McLeran, 1854
- Subject Headings
- - Hampshire County (Mass.)--Maps
- - Real property--Massachusetts--Hampshire County--Maps
- - Central business districts--Massachusetts--Northampton--Maps
- - Villages--Massachusetts--Hampshire County--Maps
- - United States--Massachusetts--Hampshire County
- - General map showing buildings and householders' names.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes ill. of buildings, advertisement, miscellaneous statistical tables, inset of downtown Northampton, and 16 insets of villages.
- - Copy imperfect: Brittle, torn, darkened, stained, backed by cloth.
- - Acquisitions control no.: 2008-212
- 1 map : hand col. ; 97 x 133 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3763.H4 1854 .B3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Barker, Wm. J, James D. Scott & Owen Mcleran, and E. Herrlein'S Lith. Map of Hampshire County, Massachusetts. Philadelphia: Published by James D. Scott & Owen McLeran, 1854. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2008624301/.
APA citation style:
Barker, W. J., James D. Scott & Owen Mcleran & E. Herrlein'S Lith. (1854) Map of Hampshire County, Massachusetts. Philadelphia: Published by James D. Scott & Owen McLeran. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2008624301/.
MLA citation style:
Barker, Wm. J, James D. Scott & Owen Mcleran, and E. Herrlein'S Lith. Map of Hampshire County, Massachusetts. Philadelphia: Published by James D. Scott & Owen McLeran, 1854. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2008624301/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of the county of Hampshire, Massachusetts Relief shown by hachures. LC Land ownership maps, 315 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Includes insets, distance chart, and illustrations.
- Contributor: Walling, Henry Francis
- Date: 1860
MapMap of Westmoreland Co., Pennsylvania : from actual surveys General-content county map showing rural buildings and householders' names; Greensburg and Latrobe insets also show real-property tracts and building coverage; Latrobe inset additionally shows landowners' names. Relief shown by hachures. Hand col....
- Contributor: Lake, D. J. - Ames, N. S. - Barker, Wm. J. (William J.)
- Date: 1857
MapMap of Indiana County, Pennsylvania General-content county map showing townships, rural buildings, and householders names; borough insets show residential lots and building coverage. Hand col. to emphasize township boundaries. "Entered according to the Act of Congress as...
- Contributor: Peelor, David - Kinter, J. A. - McLaughlin, J. - Barker, Wm. J. (William J.) - Wm. Schuchman & Bro
- Date: 1856
MapHampshire County, Massachusetts "Map edited 1979." Title in lower margin: Hampshire Co., Mass. : N4210.5-W7211.5/23.5x53, 1979. "Compiled from USGS 1:24,000-scale topographic maps dated 1964-1973. Planimetry revised from aerial photographs taken 1975 and other source data."...
- Contributor: United States. Soil Conservation Service
- Date: 1979
MapScott's map of Rutland County, Vermont
Map of Rutland County, Vermont Relief shown by hachures. LC Land ownership maps, 1190 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1854...
- Contributor: Moore, Isaac W. - James D. Scott & Owen McLeran - Chace, J.
- Date: 1854