CollectionA Century of Lawmaking for a New Nation: U.S. Congressional Documents and Debates 1774-1875 Consists of a linked set of published congressional records of the United States of America from the Continental Congress through the 43rd Congress, 1774-1875. It includes the Journals of the Continental Congress...
- Contributor: Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program - Law Library of Congress (U.S.)
- Date: 1998
CollectionThe Evolution of the Conservation Movement
- Date: 1850
CollectionHannah Arendt Papers Correspondence, speeches and writings, subject files, family papers, clippings, and other papers primarily concerning Arendt's intellectual, social, and professional life as a lecturer and writer after World War II. Subjects include the...
- Contributor: Arendt, Hannah - Blücher, Heinrich
CollectionPrairie Settlement: Nebraska Photographs and Family Letters, 1862-1912 This digital collection integrates two collections from the holdings of the Nebraska State Historical Society, which illustrate the story of settlement on the Great Plains. Includes approximately 3,000 glass plate negatives by...
- Contributor: Butcher, Solomon D. (Solomon Devore) - Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program - Nebraska State Historical Society
- Date: 2000
CollectionProsperity and Thrift: The Coolidge Era and the Consumer Economy, 1921-1929 Chronicles the economic period of the 1920's in the United States through books, pamphlets, legislative documents, selections from consumer and trade journals, photographs, short films, and audio selections of Coolidge speeches.
- Contributor: Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program
- Date: 1999
CollectionAmerican Variety Stage: Vaudeville and Popular Entertainment, 1870-1920 Multimedia collection containing digitized versions of selected Library of Congress holdings. Represents diverse forms of popular entertainment, especially vaudeville, that thrived from 1870-1920. Includes 334 English and Yiddish language playscripts, 146 theater...
- Contributor: Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program
- Date: 1996
CollectionAaron Copland Collection The Aaron Copland collection consists of published and unpublished music by Copland and other composers, correspondence, writings, biographical material, datebooks, journals, professional papers, including legal and financial material, photographs, awards, art work,...
- Contributor: Kraft, Victor - Copland, Aaron
- Date: 1841
Collection Items: View 982 Items
CollectionAbraham Lincoln Papers at the Library of Congress Correspondence and other papers relating primarily to Abraham Lincoln's presidency and the Civil War. Includes two drafts of the Gettysburg address, material preserved by John G. Nicolay in his capacities as Lincoln's...
- Contributor: Lincoln, Abraham
Collection Items: View 20,206 Items
CollectionAlan Lomax Collection Collection comprises manuscripts, sound recordings, photographs, film, and videorecordings created and collected by Alan Lomax in his work documenting song, music, dance, and body movement from many cultures. Includes field recordings and...
- Contributor: Association for Cultural Equity - Archive of American Folk Song - Lomax, Alan - American Folklife Center
- Date: 1933
Collection Items: View 6,611 Items
CollectionAlexander Graham Bell Family Papers at the Library of Congress Correspondence, diaries, journals, laboratory notebooks, patent records, speeches, writings, subject files, genealogical records, printed material, and other papers pertaining primarily to Bell's invention of the telephone (1876). Also includes material documenting his...
- Contributor: Fairchild, Marian - Bell, Mabel Gardiner Hubbard - Bell, Alexander Graham - Hubbard, Gardiner G. (Gardiner Greene) - Bell, Alexander Melville
Collection Items: View 4,715 Items
CollectionAlexander Hamilton Papers Correspondence, speeches, writings, legal and financial records, printed matter, and other papers relating to Hamilton's personal life and public career, especially his service as an aide to George Washington during the Revolutionary...
- Contributor: First Church in Albany - Hamilton, Alexander
Collection Items: View 882 Items
CollectionAlexander Hamilton Stephens Papers Correspondence, memoranda, telegrams, journal, autobiography, legal documents, clippings, and other papers reflecting Stephens's career in government and politics. Chiefly correspondence concerning national and sectional questions as well as local affairs, philanthropy, and...
- Contributor: Stephens, Alexander H. (Alexander Hamilton)
Collection Items: View 124 Items
CollectionAmerican Colony in Jerusalem, 1870-2006 Correspondence, diaries, minutes, notes, hymns, financial and legal records, scrapbooks, printed matter, photographs, photograph albums, and other papers relating to the history of the American Colony and its members, particularly the Spafford,...
- Contributor: Spafford, Anna T. - Spafford, Horatio Gates - American Colony (Jerusalem) - Vester, Bertha Spafford
Collection Items: View 131 Items
CollectionAmerican Federation of Labor Records Letterpress books containing correspondence of Samuel Gompers, and William Green, presidents of the American Federation of Labor (AFL), and other officials including James Duncan, Gabriel Edmonston, Frank K. Foster, and John McBride....
- Contributor: American Federation of Labor
Collection Items: View 359 Items
CollectionAndre Kostelanetz Collection The collection, which documents Kostelanetz's life and 50-plus-year career in the United States, contains musical arrangements, correspondence, subject files, business papers, programs, scrapbooks, clippings, scripts, cue cards, and photographs spanning from 1922...
- Contributor: Kostelanetz, Andre
- Date: 1922
Collection Items: View 177 Items
CollectionAndrew Jackson Papers Correspondence, memoranda, journals, speeches, military papers, land deeds, scrapbook, printed matter, and other papers reflecting most phases of Jackson's military and political career. Subjects include his law practice in Tennessee, his service...
- Contributor: Jackson, Andrew
Collection Items: View 17,171 Items
CollectionAnna E. Dickinson Papers Correspondence, speeches, writings, plays, legal files, financial papers, newspaper clippings, itineraries, scrapbooks, obituaries, printed material, and other papers relating to Dickinson's activities on behalf of abolition, women's rights, and suffrage and to...
- Contributor: Dickinson, Anna E. (Anna Elizabeth)
Collection Items: View 404 Items
CollectionAnna Maria Brodeau Thornton Papers Seven bound volumes containing diaries, journals, essays, log of household visitors, daily log of activities, household accounts, silhouettes of unidentified people, and other papers primarily describing social life in Washington, D.C., with...
- Contributor: Thornton, Anna Maria Brodeau
Collection Items: View 12 Items
CollectionAssociated Press News Dispatches, 1915-1930 Collection of news dispatches from the Washington D.C. Bureau of the Associated Press spanning 15 years and containing an unbroken chronology of world and national events as reported by the news agency.
- Contributor: Associated Press. Washington Bureau
Collection Items: View 380 Items
CollectionBenjamin Franklin Papers Correspondence, journals, records, articles, and other material relating to Franklin's life and career. Includes manuscript (1728) of his Articles of Belief and Acts of Religion; negotations in London (1775); letterbooks (1779-1782) of...
- Contributor: United States. Legation (France) - Franklin, Benjamin - Oswald, Richard - Franklin, William Temple
Collection Items: View 41 Items
CollectionBetty Herndon Maury Maury Papers Diary (1861 June 3-1863 February 18) written chiefly at Fredericksburg, Va., containing detailed comments on the progress of the Civil War, especially in the local area, hardships suffered by Confederate soldiers, and...
- Contributor: Maury, Betty Herndon Maury
- Date: 1861
Collection Items: View 7 Items
CollectionBlackwell Family Papers Correspondence, diaries (1872-1937), translations of poetry and correspondence with Armenian, Russian, and Spanish poets, and other papers of Alice Stone Blackwell, editor of the Woman's Journal (1909-1917), reflecting her literary endeavors and...
- Contributor: Blackwell, Henry Browne - Blackwell, Elizabeth - Blackwell, Kitty Barry - Stone, Lucy - Blackwell, Alice Stone - Blackwell, Antoinette Louisa Brown - Blackwell, Emily
Collection Items: View 2,313 Items
CollectionBlue Ridge Parkway Folklife Project The collection consists of sound recordings, video recordings, photographs, manuscripts, sheet music, printed ephemera, artifacts, administrative records, and ethnographers' field notes related to the 1978 Blue Ridge Parkway Project field survey, conducted...
- Contributor: Richardson, Larry - Bryan, Mamie - Jarrell, Tommy - Severt, Carrie - Wolfe, Charles K. - Owen, Blanton - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - United States. National Park Service - Todd, Zenna - Marshall, Howard W. ... Richardson, Larry - Bryan, Mamie - Jarrell, Tommy - Severt, Carrie - Wolfe, Charles K. - Owen, Blanton - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - United States. National Park Service - Todd, Zenna - Marshall, Howard W. - Owen, Margaret Counts - Wilson, Joe - Shockley, Maggie - Jabbour, Alan - Choate, Donna - Eiler, Terry - Mullen, Patrick - Fleischhauer, Carl - American Folklife Center - Johnson, Geraldine Niva - Adler, Thomas A. - Patton, Ila - Ray, Roxie - Blue Ridge Parkway Folklife Project - Eiler, Lyntha Scott - Cruise, Crystal - Stanley, Lura
- Date: 1977
Collection Items: View 1,693 Items
CollectionNow What a Time: Blues, Gospel, and the Fort Valley Music Festivals, 1938-1943 Collection of disc copies of field recordings of gospel quartets; Negro sacred harp singers recorded in Ozark, Alabama in September 1938; blues, instrumentals on guitar, banjo, harmonica, bass fiddle, and piano, recorded...
- Contributor: Bond, James - Oak Grove Missionary Baptist Church (Peach County, Ga.). Choir - Richardson, Zema - Thomas, John Lee - Holloway High School Quartet - Winrow, Anthony - Parker, Cleve - Fisk University - Ezell, Buster - Smith Band (Musical Group) ... Bond, James - Oak Grove Missionary Baptist Church (Peach County, Ga.). Choir - Richardson, Zema - Thomas, John Lee - Holloway High School Quartet - Winrow, Anthony - Parker, Cleve - Fisk University - Ezell, Buster - Smith Band (Musical Group) - Gibson, Gus - Ellis, Charles - Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program - Stripling, Sidney - Mathis, Allison - Turner, Oscar - Monch, Matthew - Work, John W. (John Wesley) - Turner, Alma - Turner, Monroe - Chastain, Will - Bond, Edward - Chestain, Sonny - Ford, T. J. - Jackson, Deacon Sam - Heavenly Gate Quartet - Gaines, Elwood - Gregory, Richard - Johnson, Warren G. - Traveller Home Singers - Spiritual Four Quartet - Ford, Osa
- Date: 1938
Collection Items: View 182 Items
CollectionBranch Rickey Papers Correspondence, family papers, speeches and writings, memoranda, scouting and other reports, notes, subject files, scrapbooks, and other papers documenting Rickey's career as a major league baseball manager and executive. Also documents his...
- Contributor: Rickey, Branch
Collection Items: View 37 Items
CollectionBronislava Nijinska Collection Contains manuscripts, books, diaries, choreographic notebooks, correspondence, moving image materials, music scores, photographs, posters, programs, set designs, costume designs, and scrapbooks.
- Contributor: Nijinska, Bronislava
- Date: 1891
Collection Items: View 210 Items
CollectionCarrie Chapman Catt Papers Correspondence, diaries, drafts of speeches and articles, subject files, biographical papers, newspaper clippings, printed material, and other papers relating primarily to Catt's efforts on behalf of the women's suffrage movement, feminism, and...
- Contributor: Catt, Carrie Chapman
Collection Items: View 573 Items
CollectionCharles Wellington Reed Papers, 1776 to 1926 Correspondence, diary (1864), ink and pencil sketches, watercolors, prints, lithographs, books illustrated by Reed, citations, military papers, printed material, maps, medals, photographs, and memorabilia relating to Reed's service in the 9th Massachusetts...
- Contributor: Reed, Charles Wellington
Collection Items: View 36 Items
CollectionCharles S. Hamlin Papers Correspondence, diaries, speeches, writings, biographical notes, scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, printed matter, and other papers relating chiefly to Hamlin's service in the U.S. Dept. of the Treasury and the Federal Reserve System; Hamlin's...
- Contributor: Hamlin, Anna - Robles, Sebastian T. (Sebastian Tomas) - Hamlin, Huybertie Pruyn - Hamlin, Charles S. (Charles Sumner)
Collection Items: View 207 Items
CollectionChicago Ethnic Arts Project Collection The collection consists of sound recordings, photographs, manuscript materials, videorecordings, publications, ephemera, administrative files, and field notes produced and collected during the 1977 Chicago Ethnic Arts Project field survey from 1976-1981; but...
- Contributor: Swenson, Greta E. - Moloney, Mick - Robinson, Beverly J. - Mathias, Elizabeth - George, Philip - Epstein, Shifra - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - González, José Gamaliel - Kalčik, Susan J. - Kubose, Minnie Somi ... Swenson, Greta E. - Moloney, Mick - Robinson, Beverly J. - Mathias, Elizabeth - George, Philip - Epstein, Shifra - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - González, José Gamaliel - Kalčik, Susan J. - Kubose, Minnie Somi - Fleischhauer, Carl - Dovydenas, Jonas - Brzovich, Mato - Trbuhovic-Grasa, Gordana - Choi, Chungmoo - Bradunas, Elena - Fiske-Rusciano, Roberta - Bartis, Peter - Hellenberg, Antony - Klymasz, Robert Bogdan - March, Richard - American Folklife Center - Chicago Ethnic Arts Project - Libonati, Roland V. (Roland Victor) - Metcalfe, Ralph H. - Klymasz, Shirley - Lund, Jens - Illinois Arts Council
- Date: 1976
Collection Items: View 1,136 Items
CollectionClara Barton Papers Correspondence, diaries and journals, reports, addresses, legal and financial papers, organizational records, lectures, writings, scrapbooks, biographical material, printed matter, memorabilia, and other papers relating to Barton's work to provide relief services during...
- Contributor: Barton, Clara
Collection Items: View 939 Items
CollectionColorado Folklife Project Collection Collection of field recordings, photographs, drawings, and field notes from a limited field survey or consultancy demonstrating folkloristic methodology and the particulars of research on local history, material culture, and vernacular architecture,...
- Contributor: Natanson, Barbara Orbach - American Folklife Center - Emrich, Ron - Dettmer, Elke - Marshall, Howard W. - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1980
Collection Items: View 130 Items
CollectionConfederate States of America Records Correspondence, proclamations, messages of the president, court cases, minute books, docket books, customs records, financial papers, letterbooks, orders, reports, accounts, receipts, and other records relating to the formulation of the government of...
- Contributor: Confederate States of America. Post-Office Department - Confederate States of America. War Department - Confederate States of America. Department of the Treasury - Confederate States of America. Department of Justice - Confederate States of America - Confederate States of America. Army of Tennessee - Confederate States of America. Department of State - Wadsworth, James Wolcott - Confederate States of America. Navy
Collection Items: View 73 Items
CollectionCoptic Orthodox Liturgical Chant and Hymnody The collection consists of transcriptions (14 volumes) of Coptic chant by Ernest Newlandsmith and Margit Toth; audio tapes of Coptic chants recorded by Moftah between 1940 and 1985 (with the bulk recorded...
- Contributor: Wilson, Marian Robertson - Newlandsmith, Ernest - Moftah, Ragheb - Tóth, Margit
- Date: 1926
Collection Items: View 368 Items
CollectionThe Danny Kaye and Sylvia Fine Collection The collection includes manuscript and printed music, scripts, correspondence, business and financial papers, promotional and publicity materials, speeches, oral history transcripts, photographs and iconography, programs, posters, clippings, honors, and realia. Music, in...
- Contributor: Dena Pictures, Inc - McDowall, Roddy - Fine, Sylvia - Halsman, Philippe - Kaye, Danny - Kaye (Danny)/FINE (Sylvia) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1918
Collection Items: View 2,054 Items
CollectionWashington During the Civil War: The Diary of Horatio Nelson Taft, 1861-1865 Three volume diary kept by Taft during Abraham Lincoln's administration in which Taft details events in Washington, D.C., during the Civil War years, including his connection with Abraham Lincoln and the Lincoln...
- Contributor: Taft, Horatio Nelson - Brady, Mathew
Collection Items: View 8 Items
CollectionE. B. Washburne Papers Chiefly correspondence documenting Washburne's service as a member of Congress in the Civil War era, 1853-1869, and as minister to France, 1869-1877. Subjects include Whig politics nationally and in Illinois; Washburne's congressional...
- Contributor: Washburne, E. (Elihu Benjamin)
Collection Items: View 169 Items