Film, Video David Fullard: The Art of Photographing Dance
About this Item
- David Fullard: The Art of Photographing Dance
- David A. Fullard discusses the photographic methods he uses to capture bodies in motion. Fullard has developed a personal approach to working closely with the artists in a controlled space that supports their own artistic process and needs while also allowing the application of carefully chosen photographic techniques. Ultimately, Fullard's aim is to transform the dance to a still image that has the power to elicit the same emotions as watching the dance live. This presentation will offer a sneak peek into Fullard's vast archive of dance photographs, which he will donate to the Library of Congress in 2021.
- Event Date
- June 03, 2021
- Running Time
- 1 hours 43 minutes 29 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
David Fullard: The Art of Photographing Dance. 2021. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9817/.
APA citation style:
(2021) David Fullard: The Art of Photographing Dance. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9817/.
MLA citation style:
David Fullard: The Art of Photographing Dance. 2021. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9817/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoDiscovering Creative Connections: The Collaboration of Erick Hawkins & Lucia Dlugoszewski Libby Smigel and Kate Doyle discuss the collaborations of modern dance choreographer Erick Hawkins and experimental music composer Lucia Dlugoszewski. Now accessible in the artists' papers in the Library, correspondence, choreographic notation...
- Contributor: Smigel, Libby - Doyle, Kate
- Date: 2017-04-11
Film, VideoOn Pointe: Composing for Dance at the Library of Congress Conductor Aaron Sherber of the Martha Graham Dance Company and Library staff discuss the art of composing for dance, as reflected in Library of Congress dance commissions and collections. Part of the...
- Contributor: Sherber, Aaron - Smigel, Libby - Plylar, David H.
- Date: 2016-04-02
Film, VideoMore Than Words: Design, Dance and Graphic Notation in the Performing Arts The Library of Congress Music Division is a treasure house of more than centuries of music, theater and dance materials from composers and performers from around the world. Our tour explores visual...
- Contributor: McNellis, Rachel - Young, Melissa - McKinney, Janet - Cross, Jane - Hartten, Christopher - Smigel, Libby - Stevens-Garmon, Morgen
- Date: 2021-07-23
Film, VideoKristian Bezuidenhout Pre-Concert Conversation Anne McLean and David Plylar interviewed fortepianist Kristian Bezuidenhout prior to her Library of Congress concert.
- Contributor: McLean, Anne - Bezuidenhout, Kristian - Plylar, David
- Date: 2016-10-26
Film, VideoConversation with Pacifica Quartet Anne McLean interviews composer and clarinetist Jörg Widmann and Sibbi Bernhardsson of the Pacifica Quartet.
- Contributor: Widmann, Jörg - Bernhardsson, Sibbi
- Date: 2017-01-23