Film, Video Veteran Grown: Farming
About this Item
- Veteran Grown: Farming
- The Library of Congress Veterans History Project hosts a discussion panel to highlight farming as one of many unique career paths veterans take after transitioning to civilian life, and to introduce programs that exist to assist veterans who farm. This panel features military veterans who chose to farm in more traditional settings, some of whom benefited from veteran farming training programs, while others received one-on-one mentorship. Some of their specialties include vegetable crops, beekeeping, pig farming, soap making, entrepreneurship and more. Damon Helton of The Farm at Barefoot Bend in Arkansas moderated this panel, with special remarks by Sen. John Boozman (R-AR), member of the Senate Committee on Agriculture.
- Event Date
- March 26, 2021
- Running Time
- 1 hours 20 minutes 28 seconds
- Online Format
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Veteran Grown: Farming. 2021. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9735/.
APA citation style:
(2021) Veteran Grown: Farming. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9735/.
MLA citation style:
Veteran Grown: Farming. 2021. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9735/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoVeteran Grown: Urban Farming This panel discussed farming in an urban setting as one of many unique career paths veterans take after transitioning to civilian life, and introduced the audience to programs that exist to assist...
- Contributor: Schrier, Rep. Kim - Dalgarn, Sean - Hale, Margo - Dachos, Sarah - Boozman, Sen. John - Lombardo, Jeanette
- Date: 2021-03-19
Film, VideoUS Army MEDEVAC Changemakers A panel of U.S. Army MEDEVAC (medicial evacuation) experts explored ways that Army MEDEVAC technology, safety, quality of care and culture has evolved over time. The panel examined the ways that military...
- Contributor: Roley, Paul - Henry, Chas - Moore, Douglas - Forrester, Nathan - Snyder, Merle - Lloyd, Karen
- Date: 2019-09-10
Film, VideoMusic & Veterans: The Vietnam Era & Disco Panel discussion on the role of music in supporting servicemembers and veterans from the Vietnam era through the present. Cosponsored in association with the Department of Defense Vietnam 50th Anniversary Commemoration Committee....
- Contributor: Keesing, Hugo - Brown, Nicholas - Bradley, Doug - Werner, Craig - Lloyd, Karen
- Date: 2017-05-05
Film, VideoEngaging Our Veterans to Preserve Their Histories Staff of the Library's Veterans History Project and Preservation Directorate discuss how the Library collects, preserves, and makes accessible the first-hand accounts American veterans so that future generations may better understand the...
- Contributor: Telford, Rachel - Nadal, Jacob - Edwards, Gwenanne - Lloyd, Karen - Evers, Jennifer
- Date: 2018-04-23
Film, VideoVolunteering to Make History A compelling group of interviewers, from students to professionals, share their experiences, best practices and what participation in the Library of Congress Veterans History Project has meant to them.
- Contributor: Fowler, Carol - Lloyd, Karen - Bickel, Jonathan - Caolo, Susan - Meek, Jeff
- Date: 2020-11-14