Film, Video Veteran Grown: Urban Farming
About this Item
- Veteran Grown: Urban Farming
- This panel discussed farming in an urban setting as one of many unique career paths veterans take after transitioning to civilian life, and introduced the audience to programs that exist to assist veterans who farm. The Library of Congress Veterans History Project collects oral history interviews of panelists who are veterans and work on an urban farm, including beekeepers. The Library will add these veterans' stories to the project archive and include them in a future online exhibit as part of its "Experiencing War" series. The panel will also highlight the Veterans History Project as both a repository and research resource.
- Event Date
- March 19, 2021
- Running Time
- 1 hours 22 minutes 3 seconds
- Online Format
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Veteran Grown: Urban Farming. 2021. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9728/.
APA citation style:
(2021) Veteran Grown: Urban Farming. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9728/.
MLA citation style:
Veteran Grown: Urban Farming. 2021. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9728/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoVeteran Grown: Farming The Library of Congress Veterans History Project hosts a discussion panel to highlight farming as one of many unique career paths veterans take after transitioning to civilian life, and to introduce programs...
- Contributor: Helton, Damon - Creech, Sara - Butts, Justin - Boozman, Sen. John - Grandon, Eric - Lloyd, Karen
- Date: 2021-03-26
Film, VideoIn the Shadows of Notre Dame Morning Session The Library of Congress celebrated GIS Day with a series of talks on the use of geographic information science technology and 3D mapping in cultural heritage preservation and disaster response. The morning...
- Contributor: Westerman, Rep. Bruce - McCarthy, Deidre - Hessler, John - St. Onge, Tim - Lavoie, Catherine - Boozman, Sen. John - Hayden, Carla
- Date: 2019-11-13
Film, VideoLiza Mundy, Author of Code Girls Liza Mundy will discuss the book "Code Girls" and her research for the book at the Library and it its Veterans History Project collections.
- Contributor: Mundy, Liza
- Date: 2018-03-30
Film, VideoGold Star Legacy Panel The Library's Veterans History Project commemorated National Gold Star Mother and Family Day with a Gold Star Legacy panel of renowned experts who discussed how families and organizations honor and preserve the...
- Contributor: Christmas, Becky - Melton, Jenine - Caldwell IV, William B. - Carroll, Bonnie - Banks, AL - Graham, Chad - Dean, Mort
- Date: 2018-09-25
Film, VideoVeteran Entrepreneurship and Post Traumatic Stress Every veteran has stories to tell, but those stories don't end when they leave the military, nor do they leave all of their wounds and traumas behind. In this panel, veteran entrepreneurs...
- Contributor: Pavelek, Matthew - Laszaic, Sara - Alvarez, Cassandra - Henry, Chas - Williams, Gregory - Gourlie, Kyle and Amanda
- Date: 2020-06-24