Film, Video Foundations: Analyzing Primary Sources from the Library of Congress
About this Item
- Foundations: Analyzing Primary Sources from the Library of Congress
- In this interactive webinar, participants learn and apply foundational strategies for analyzing primary sources. How can we facilitate learning activities that help students become engaged, think critically, and construct their own understandings? It starts with making observations, reflecting on them, and asking questions. Participants both practice these strategies and consider how to apply them in their educational settings.
- Event Date
- May 27, 2020
- Running Time
- 1 hours 2 minutes 14 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Foundations: Analyzing Primary Sources from the Library of Congress. 2020. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9233/.
APA citation style:
(2020) Foundations: Analyzing Primary Sources from the Library of Congress. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9233/.
MLA citation style:
Foundations: Analyzing Primary Sources from the Library of Congress. 2020. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9233/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoScientific Literacy, Citizenship, and History: Analyzing Primary Sources
- Contributor: McGuigan, Kathy - Alexander, Amara - Apfeldorf, Michael
- Date: 2020-04-22
Film, VideoTeaching Civic Ideals through Primary Sources
- Contributor: McGuigan, Kathy - Lederle, Cheryl - Reidel, Jen
- Date: 2020-04-07
Film, VideoFoundations: Finding Resources on loc.gov
- Contributor: Moats, Stacie - Bell, Danna - Lederle, Cheryl - McGuigan, Kathy
- Date: 2020-06-10
Film, VideoMathematics and Primary Sources (Online Office Hours)
- Contributor: Black, Kaleena - Apfeldorf, Michael
- Date: 2020-05-21
Film, VideoPairing Primary Sources and Picture Books
- Contributor: McGuigan, Kathy - Bober, Tom
- Date: 2020-06-17