Film, Video Teaching Civic Ideals through Primary Sources
About this Item
- Teaching Civic Ideals through Primary Sources
- A one-hour webinar demonstrating how the use of primary sources can offer students specific examples of civic principles, highlighting ways that a civic ideal has been tested, interpreted, and applied throughout American history.
- Event Date
- April 07, 2020
- Running Time
- 56 minutes 13 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Teaching Civic Ideals through Primary Sources. 2020. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9206/.
APA citation style:
(2020) Teaching Civic Ideals through Primary Sources. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9206/.
MLA citation style:
Teaching Civic Ideals through Primary Sources. 2020. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9206/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoFoundations: Analyzing Primary Sources from the Library of Congress
- Contributor: McGuigan, Kathy - Lederle, Cheryl - Apfeldorf, Michael
- Date: 2020-05-27
Film, VideoFoundations: Finding Resources on loc.gov
- Contributor: Moats, Stacie - Bell, Danna - Lederle, Cheryl - McGuigan, Kathy
- Date: 2020-06-10
Film, VideoPairing Primary Sources and Picture Books
- Contributor: McGuigan, Kathy - Bober, Tom
- Date: 2020-06-17
Film, VideoIntroduction to the Question Formulation Technique for Primary Source Learning
- Contributor: McGuigan, Kathy - Westbrook, Sarah - Minigan, Andrew
- Date: 2020-05-06
Film, VideoScientific Literacy, Citizenship, and History: Analyzing Primary Sources
- Contributor: McGuigan, Kathy - Alexander, Amara - Apfeldorf, Michael
- Date: 2020-04-22