Film, Video Ronen Givony & Tyondai Braxton
About this Item
- Ronen Givony & Tyondai Braxton
- Wordless Music founder and artistic director Ronen Givony and composer Tyondai Braxton discuss their work.
- Event Date
- March 10, 2011
- - Tyondai Braxton is an American composer and performer, largely known as the former guitarist/singer of Battles, and as a prominently featured artist on record label Warp Records. He has been actively producing and performing music under his name as a solo artist, as well as collaboratively under various group titles and collectives, since the mid-1990s.
- - Ronen Givonyis the founder of Wordless Music, a concert series that pairs rock and electronic musicians with classical music performers, both in New York and select cities internationally. He is one of the two music directors of the music venue Le Poisson Rouge in Greenwich Village, where he produces the club's classical, electronic music, and indie rock programming. Givonyis is also a former employee and regular contributor of liner notes for Nonesuch Records. He completed his BA and MA in English Literature at Yale University.
- Related Resources
- Concerts at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/concert/
- Concert by Wordless Music Orchestra (webcast): https://www.loc.gov/today/cyberlc/feature_wdesc.php?rec=5387
- Running Time
- 41 minutes 53 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ronen Givony & Tyondai Braxton. 2011. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5441/.
APA citation style:
(2011) Ronen Givony & Tyondai Braxton. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5441/.
MLA citation style:
Ronen Givony & Tyondai Braxton. 2011. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5441/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoConversation with the Cecilia String Quartet & Kati Agócs in Conversation Members of the Cecilia String Quartet discuss their experience preparing a concert using the Library's historic Stradivari instruments and their collaboration with composer Agócs, whose work "Tantric Variations" was commissioned by the...
- Contributor: Desoer, Rachel - Boyle, Caitlin - Koh, Min-Jeong - Nematallah, Sarah - Agocs, Kati
- Date: 2016-12-17
Film, VideoArtist Encounters: Paul Lewis, Pianist Renowned pianist Paul Lewis speaks with David Plylar about selected manuscripts of music by Beethoven, Schubert and Liszt, including transcriptions by Liszt.
- Contributor: Plylar, David - Lewis, Paul
- Date: 2013-03-01
Film, VideoInterview with Jason Robert Brown & Shoshana Bean Broadway composer Jason Robert Brown and vocalist Shoshana Bean discuss their collaboration and Brown's music, in conjunction with a performance at the Library of Congress.
- Contributor: Brown, Jason Robert - Bean, Shoshana
- Date: 2016-12-09
Film, VideoInterview with Pianist Sandro Ivo Bartoli David Plylar interviews Sandro Ivo Bartoli about the centennial of Ferruccio Busoni's birth. They also discuss Bartoli's performance of works by Bach, Busoni, Liszt and transcriptions by Busoni.
- Contributor: Bartoli, Sandro Ivo - Plylar, David H.
- Date: 2016-11-19
Film, VideoInterview with Richard Egarr Harpsichordist Richard Egarr discusses Baroque harpsichord repertoire and performance, as well as his work as a conductor, with the Library's Anne McLean. This interview was presented in conjunction with a performance by...
- Contributor: McLean, Anne - Egarr, Richard
- Date: 2017-01-13