Manuscript/Mixed Material Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 17, Virginia, Berry-Wilson
About this Item
- Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 17, Virginia, Berry-Wilson
- - United States -- Virginia
- - Interviews
- - Includes narratives by Albert Jones, Candis Goodwin, Charles Crawley, Charles Grandy, Della Harris, Elizabeth Sparks, Fannie Berry, Georgina Giwbs (Gibbs?), Marriah Hines, Mary Jane Wilson, Minnie Fulkes, Moble Hopson, Richard Slaughter, Susan Kelly, Simon Stokes.
- - Interviews were conducted by Claude K. Anderson (Hampton and Matthews Court House), David Hoggard (Norfolk), Susie Byrd (Petersburg), and Thelma Dunston (Portsmouth). Interviews also conducted in Cape Charles and Guinea, Virginia.
- 60 pages
- Federal Writer's Project, United States Work Projects Administration (USWPA)
- Manuscript Division
- online text
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any copyright restrictions for the materials presented in this collection. U.S. Government employees created the materials in this collection. Generally speaking, works created by U.S. Government employees are not eligible for copyright protection in the United States, although they may be under copyright in some foreign countries. The persons interviewed or whose words were transcribed were generally not employees of the U.S. Government. Privacy and publicity rights may apply.
More information about American Memory, Copyright and other Restrictions.
Suggested credit line:
For digital images of typewritten narratives: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division.
For digital images of photographs: Library of Congress, [name of custodial division].
Note: Photographs in the online collection may originate from either the Prints and Photographs Division or the Manuscript Division. The record for each photograph specifies its custodial division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 17, Virginia, Berry-Wilson. 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn170/.
APA citation style:
(1936) Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 17, Virginia, Berry-Wilson. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn170/.
MLA citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 17, Virginia, Berry-Wilson. 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mesn170/>.