Manuscript/Mixed Material Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 15, Tennessee, Batson-Young
About this Item
- Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 15, Tennessee, Batson-Young
- - United States -- Tennessee
- - Interviews
- - Includes narratives by Andrew Moss, Andy Odell, Ann Matthews, Cecelia Chappel, Dan Thomas, Ellis Ken Kannon, Emma Grisham, Frances Batson, Frankie Goole, Jenny Greer, Joseph Leonidas Star, Julia Casey, Laura Ramsey Parker, Measy Hudson, Millie Simpkins, Mollie Moss, Naisy Reece, Narcissus Young, Patsy Hyde, Precilla Gray, Rachel Gaines, Rev. John Moore, Robert Falls, Scott Martin, Sylvia Watkins, Wiley Childress.
- - Interviews were conducted by Della Yoe in Knoxville and Nashville, Tennessee.
- 84 pages
- Federal Writer's Project, United States Work Projects Administration (USWPA)
- Manuscript Division
- online text
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any copyright restrictions for the materials presented in this collection. U.S. Government employees created the materials in this collection. Generally speaking, works created by U.S. Government employees are not eligible for copyright protection in the United States, although they may be under copyright in some foreign countries. The persons interviewed or whose words were transcribed were generally not employees of the U.S. Government. Privacy and publicity rights may apply.
More information about American Memory, Copyright and other Restrictions.
Suggested credit line:
For digital images of typewritten narratives: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division.
For digital images of photographs: Library of Congress, [name of custodial division].
Note: Photographs in the online collection may originate from either the Prints and Photographs Division or the Manuscript Division. The record for each photograph specifies its custodial division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 15, Tennessee, Batson-Young. 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn150/.
APA citation style:
(1936) Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 15, Tennessee, Batson-Young. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn150/.
MLA citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 15, Tennessee, Batson-Young. 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mesn150/>.