Manuscript/Mixed Material Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 14, South Carolina, Part 2, Eddington-Hunter
About this Item
- Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 14, South Carolina, Part 2, Eddington-Hunter
- - Interviews were conducted in Adams Run, Brittons Neck, Charleston, Claussens, Columbia, Conway, Estill, Florence, Gaffney, Georgetown County, Greenwood, Lena, Luray, Marion, Murrells Inlet, Murrell's Inlet, Newberry, Pomaria, Rion, Spartanburg, Timmonsville, Union, White Oak, Whitmire, and Winnsboro, South Carolina.
- - Includes narratives by Aaron Ford, Abe Harris, Adele Frost, Adeline Grey, Amos Gadsden, Ann Ferguson, Anson Harp, Ben Horry, Brawley Gilmore, Caroline Farrow, Charlie Giles, Charlie Grant, Charlie Jeff Harvey, Charlotte Foster, Cornelius Holmes, Daniel Goddard, Dolly Haynes, Eli Harrison, Elijah Green, Eliza Hasty, Ellen Godfrey, Emanuel Elmore, Emma Fraser, Emoline Glasgow, Eugenia Fair, Fannie Griffin, Gracie Gibson, Gus Feaster, Harriet Eddington, Hector Godbold, Henry Gladney, Hester Hunter, Jane Hollins, Janie Gallman, Jerry Hill, Jim Henry, John Franklin, John Glover, John Graves, John Hamilton, Laurence Gary, Lavinia Heyward, Lewis Evans, Liney Henderson, Louisa Gause, Lucretia Heyward, Lucy Gallman, Madison Griffin, Margaret Hughes, Mariah Heywood, Mary Edwards, Peggy Grigsby, Pen Eubanks, Phillip Evans, Pick Gladdeny, Rebecca Jane Grant, Rev. John B. Elliott, Rev. Thomas Harper, Ryer Emmanuel, Silas Glenn, Sim Greeley, Simon Gallman, Susan Hamilton, Susan Hamlin, Thomas Goodwater, Violet Guntharpe, W. M. Green, Willis Gillison, Zack Herndon.
- - Interviews were conducted by Annie Ruth Davis, Augustas Ladson, Augustus Ladson, Caldwell Sims, Cassels R. Tiedeman, Everett R. Pierce, F. S. DuPre, G. Leland Summer, Genevieve W. Chandler, Gyland H. Hamlin, H. Grady Davis, H. Grady Davis and Mrs.Lucile Young, Hattie Mobley, Jessie A. Butler, Martha S. Pinckney, Mrs. Chlotilde R. Martin, Mrs. Genevieve W. Chandler, Mrs. Lucile Young and H. Grady Davis, Phoebe Faucette, Stiles M. Scruggs, and W. W. Dixon.
- 350 pages
- Source Collection
- Federal Writer's Project, United States Work Projects Administration (USWPA)
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
- Original Format
- manuscript/mixed material
The Library of Congress is not aware of any copyright restrictions for the materials presented in this collection. U.S. Government employees created the materials in this collection. Generally speaking, works created by U.S. Government employees are not eligible for copyright protection in the United States, although they may be under copyright in some foreign countries. The persons interviewed or whose words were transcribed were generally not employees of the U.S. Government. Privacy and publicity rights may apply.
More information about American Memory, Copyright and other Restrictions.
Suggested credit line:
For digital images of typewritten narratives: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division.
For digital images of photographs: Library of Congress, [name of custodial division].
Note: Photographs in the online collection may originate from either the Prints and Photographs Division or the Manuscript Division. The record for each photograph specifies its custodial division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 14, South Carolina, Part 2, Eddington-Hunter. 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn142/.
APA citation style:
(1936) Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 14, South Carolina, Part 2, Eddington-Hunter. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn142/.
MLA citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 14, South Carolina, Part 2, Eddington-Hunter. 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mesn142/>.
More Manuscripts/Mixed Material like this