Film, Video Master Hands
About this Item
- Master Hands
- Contributor Names
- Avil, Gordon
- General Motors Corporation. Chevrolet Motor Division
- Jam Handy Organization, inc.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Industrial films
- Industrial films
- - Summary: Manufacturing of Chevrolets from foundry to finished product as a paean to the designers of the factory mass production system. Filmed in Flint, Michigan months before the United Auto Workers won union recognition with their famous sit down strikes. Selected for the 1999 National Film Registry of artistically, culturally, and socially significant films.
- - Credits: Photography: Gordon Avil. Orchestral score: Samuel Benavie [performed by the] Detroit Philharmonic Orchestra. Film editing: Vincent Herman.
- Film, Video
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Mavis identifier: 2297907
- Source Collection
- Prelinger Archive Collection
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting And Recorded Sound Division
- Online Format
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright in the motion pictures in this collection. Items not subject to copyright are free to use and reuse.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. The Library notes that the reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in some foreign countries. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Avil, Gordon, General Motors Corporation. Chevrolet Motor Division, and Inc Jam Handy Organization. Master Hands. 1936. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs02297907/.
APA citation style:
Avil, G., General Motors Corporation. Chevrolet Motor Division & Jam Handy Organization, I. (1936) Master Hands. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs02297907/.
MLA citation style:
Avil, Gordon, General Motors Corporation. Chevrolet Motor Division, and Inc Jam Handy Organization. Master Hands. 1936. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mbrs02297907/>.