Film, Video Master Hands
About this Item
- Master Hands
- Contributor Names
- Avil, Gordon
- General Motors Corporation. Chevrolet Motor Division
- Jam Handy Organization, inc.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Industrial films
- Industrial films
- - Summary: Manufacturing of Chevrolets from foundry to finished product as a paean to the designers of the factory mass production system. Filmed in Flint, Michigan months before the United Auto Workers won union recognition with their famous sit down strikes. Selected for the 1999 National Film Registry of artistically, culturally, and socially significant films.
- - Credits: Photography: Gordon Avil. Orchestral score: Samuel Benavie [performed by the] Detroit Philharmonic Orchestra. Film editing: Vincent Herman.
- Film, Video
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Mavis identifier: 2297907
- Source Collection
- Prelinger Archive Collection
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting And Recorded Sound Division
- Online Format
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Avil, Gordon, General Motors Corporation. Chevrolet Motor Division, and Inc Jam Handy Organization. Master Hands. 1936. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs02297907/.
APA citation style:
Avil, G., General Motors Corporation. Chevrolet Motor Division & Jam Handy Organization, I. (1936) Master Hands. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs02297907/.
MLA citation style:
Avil, Gordon, General Motors Corporation. Chevrolet Motor Division, and Inc Jam Handy Organization. Master Hands. 1936. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mbrs02297907/>.