Film, Video Under Western Stars.
About this Item
- Under Western Stars.
- Contributor Names
- Marta, Jack
- Kane, Joseph
- McGowan, Stuart
- McGowan, Dorrell
- Rogers, Roy
- Burnette, Smiley
- Hughes, Carol
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Feature films
- Feature films
- - Summary: A lengthy drought plagues the people of the West, creating a "dust bowl," which is catastrophic for farmers and cattlemen alike. Roy Rogers runs for Congress and when he wins the election, he brings federal assistance to help his home county.
- - Credits: Cast: Roy Rogers, Smiley Burnett, Carol Hughes, Maple City Four. Photography, Jack Marta; film editor, Lester Orelbeck; musical director, Alberto Colombo. Songs: Send my mail to the county jail; When a cowboy sings a song; Back to the backwoods; Rogers for Congressman.
- Film, Video
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Mavis identifier: 2023537
- Source Collection
- Stegmoyer (John R.) Collection (Library Of Congress)
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting And Recorded Sound Division
- Online Format
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright in the motion pictures in this collection. Items not subject to copyright are free to use and reuse.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. The Library notes that the reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in some foreign countries. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Marta, Jack, Joseph Kane, Stuart McGowan, Dorrell McGowan, Roy Rogers, Smiley Burnette, and Carol Hughes. Under Western Stars. 1938. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs02023537/. (Accessed January 18, 2018.)
APA citation style:
Marta, J., Kane, J., McGowan, S., McGowan, D., Rogers, R., Burnette, S. & Hughes, C. (1938) Under Western Stars. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs02023537/.
MLA citation style:
Marta, Jack, et al. Under Western Stars. 1938. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs02023537/>.