Film, Video Duck and Cover
About this Item
- Duck and Cover
- Contributor Names
- United States. Office of Civil Defense.
- Archer Productions
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Animated films
- Animated films
- - Summary: "This is an official Civil Defense film produced in co-operation with the Federal Civil Defense Administration and in consultation with the safety commission of the National Education Association." "This film was produced in co-operation with the public schools of Astoria and New York, New York." Through animation, focuses on the steps to be taken for maximum safety in the street or in school in the event of an enemy attack by atomic or other weapons.
- Film, Video
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Mavis identifier: 1836081
- Source Collection
- Macdonald (J. Fred And Leslie W.) Collection
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting And Recorded Sound Division
- Online Format
- Original Format
- film, video
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Office Of Civil Defense, and Archer Productions. Duck and Cover. 1951. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs01836081/.
APA citation style:
United States Office Of Civil Defense & Archer Productions. (1951) Duck and Cover. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs01836081/.
MLA citation style:
United States Office Of Civil Defense, and Archer Productions. Duck and Cover. 1951. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mbrs01836081/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoMagic of the Bicycle
- Contributor: Arnold, Schwinn & Company
- Date: 1965
Film, VideoPopeye the Sailor Meets Sindbad the Sailor
- Contributor: Paramount Pictures, Inc - Nolan, Edward - Fleischer, Dave - Germanetti, George
- Date: 1936
Film, VideoMen and Dust
- Contributor: Dick, Sheldon - Geer, Will
- Date: 1940
Film, VideoA Bronx Morning
- Contributor: Leyda, Jay
- Date: 1931
Film, VideoRudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer : With Christmas Greetings From Montgomery Ward
- Contributor: McKee, Robinson - Montgomery Ward - Smith, Fletcher - Sturm, William - Kakudo, Howard - Fleischer, Max
- Date: 1948