Film, Video Preservation of the Sign Language
About this Item
- Preservation of the Sign Language
- Contributor Names
- Veditz, George William
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Educational films
- Educational films
- - Sound: This moving image content is silent, and was created without sound or a soundtrack.
- - Summary: Mr. George William Veditz, teacher in the Colorado School for the deaf, in the sign language of the deaf, shows the importance of preserving the sign language as it is taught.
- Film, Video
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Mavis identifier: 1815816
- Source Collection
- National Association Of The Deaf Collection (Library Of Congress)
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting And Recorded Sound Division
- Online Format
- "The Preservation of Sign Language": Film Registry #22
- "Preservation of the Sign Language" (1913) and "Sound of Metal" (2019)
- National Film Registry | Articles and Essays | National Screening Room | Digital Collections
- Free to Use and Reuse: Disability Awareness | Free to Use and Reuse Sets
- Brief Descriptions and Expanded Essays of National Film Registry Titles | Film Registry | National Film Preservation Board | Programs
- North by Northwest
- A Trip Down Market Street
- film essay for "Lady Helen���s Escapade"
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Veditz, George William. Preservation of the Sign Language. 1913. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs01815816/.
APA citation style:
Veditz, G. W. (1913) Preservation of the Sign Language. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs01815816/.
MLA citation style:
Veditz, George William. Preservation of the Sign Language. 1913. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mbrs01815816/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoThe Making of an American
- Contributor: Hedlund, Guy - Worcester Film Corporation - Connecticut State Board of Education
- Date: 1920
Film, VideoReclaiming American History From Paper Rolls by the Renovare Process
- Contributor: Primrose Productions - Niver, Kemp R.
- Date: 1953
Film, VideoRadio and Television
- Contributor: Burton Holmes Films (Chicago, Ill.) - Vocational Guidance Films, Inc - Twogood, Arthur P.
- Date: 1940
Film, VideoFor Health and Happiness
- Contributor: United States Department of Agriculture - Cornell University - Monsch, Helen
- Date: 1941
Film, VideoOne Tenth of a Nation. The Press
- Contributor: Dandridge, Ruby - Dunnigan, Alice Allison - Nkrumah, Kwame
- Date: 1953