Film, Video Popeye the Sailor Meets Sindbad the Sailor
About this Item
- Popeye the Sailor Meets Sindbad the Sailor
- Contributor Names
- Paramount Pictures, inc.
- Nolan, Edward
- Germanetti, George
- Fleischer, Dave
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Animated films
- Animated films
- - Summary: The legendary sailors Popeye and Sindbad do battle to see which one is the greatest.
- - Credits: Voices: Jack Mercer (Popeye), Mae Questal (Olive Oyl), Gus Wickie (Sinbad), Lou Fleischer (Wimpy). Music: Sammy Timberg, Bob Rothberg, Sammy Lerner.
- Film, Video
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Mavis identifier: 68306
- Source Collection
- Husemann (Steve) Collection
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting And Recorded Sound Division
- Online Format
- Original Format
- film, video
- Highlights of the 2018 Additions to the Library of Congress Online Resources
- Free to Use and Reuse: Selections from the National Film Registry
- Free to Use and Reuse: Public Domain Films from the National Film Registry | Free to Use and Reuse Sets
- National Film Registry | Articles and Essays | National Screening Room | Digital Collections
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Paramount Pictures, Inc, Edward Nolan, George Germanetti, and Dave Fleischer. Popeye the Sailor Meets Sindbad the Sailor. 1936. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs00068306/.
APA citation style:
Paramount Pictures, I., Nolan, E., Germanetti, G. & Fleischer, D. (1936) Popeye the Sailor Meets Sindbad the Sailor. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs00068306/.
MLA citation style:
Paramount Pictures, Inc, et al. Popeye the Sailor Meets Sindbad the Sailor. 1936. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mbrs00068306/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoDuck and Cover
- Contributor: Archer Productions - United States. Office of Civil Defense
- Date: 1951
Film, VideoThe Memphis Belle: A Story of a Flying Fortress
- Contributor: United States Army Eighth Air Force - Wyler, William - Kern, Ed - Paramount Pictures, Inc
- Date: 1944
Film, VideoRudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer : With Christmas Greetings From Montgomery Ward
- Contributor: McKee, Robinson - Montgomery Ward - Smith, Fletcher - Sturm, William - Kakudo, Howard - Fleischer, Max
- Date: 1948
Film, VideoThe Family Album--Portraying Notable Descendants of Tel E. Phone.
- Contributor: Barrell, Charles W. - Scheib, Philip A. - Audio Cinema, Inc
- Date: 1930
Film, VideoWhat Makes Us Tick
- Contributor: John Sutherland Productions - New York Stock Exchange
- Date: 1952