Notated Music Harmonice musices odhecaton A Odhecaton A
About this Item
- Harmonice musices odhecaton A
- Other Title
- Odhecaton A
- Alternate Title
- Odhecaton A
- Contributor Names
- Petrucci, Ottaviano.
- Created / Published
- Venetiis, 1504, monographic.
- Subject Headings
- - Polyphonic chansons -- 15th century
- - Part songs -- 15th century
- - Motets -- 15th century
- - Contains 96 three- and four part compositions with the incipits of song text, mostly secular, underneath the parts. Parts on confronting pages.
- - Colophon: Imp[re]ssum Venetijs per Octauianu[m] Petrutiu[m] Forosem[pro]niensem 1504 die 25 maij.
- - Errors in foliation: 25 and 31 transposed in numbering, 84 numbered 48.
- - First published in 1501.
- musical score
- 103 leaves of music ; 18 x 24 cm.
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Related Resources
- http://lcweb2.loc.gov/diglib/ihas/loc.natlib.ihas.200154768/default.html (electronic resource)
- LC Classification
- M1490 .P4
- Online Format
- musical score | 103 leaves of music ; 18 x 24 cm. | Contains 96 three- and four part compositions with the incipits of song text, mostly secular, underneath the parts. Parts on confronting pages. Colophon: Imp[re]ssum Venetijs per Octauianu[m] Petrutiu[m] Forosem[pro]niensem 1504 die 25 maij. Errors in foliation: 25 and 31 transposed in numbering, 84 numbered 48. First published in 1501. Musical Score (Form). Print (Form).
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Petrucci, Ottaviano. Harmonice musices odhecaton A. Venetiis, Monographic, 1504. Notated Music. https://www.loc.gov/item/2008561329/.
APA citation style:
Petrucci, O. (1504) Harmonice musices odhecaton A. Venetiis, Monographic. [Notated Music] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2008561329/.
MLA citation style:
Petrucci, Ottaviano. Harmonice musices odhecaton A. Venetiis, Monographic, 1504. Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2008561329/>.
More Notated Music like this
Notated MusicMotectorvm octonis vocibvs Benedicti Bagni : vnà cum basso generali pro organo, liber primvs, nunc primùm ... No more published? Title from cantvs primi chori. Consists of the parts for "Primi chori" and "Secundi chori" in one vol. RISM (Répertoire international des sources musicales), A/I, B 645 RISM (Répertoire...
- Contributor: Apud Iacobum Vincentium - Bagni, Benedetto
- Date: 1608
Notated MusicBernardini Garvlli Calliensis, ecclesiae cathedralis Fanensis chori moderatoris, Modvlationvm quinque vocum, nvnc recens in lvcem prodevntivm ...
Modvlationvm quinque vocum, nvnc recens in lvcem prodevntivm liber primvs Sacred part songs (two for six voices). Title from cantus part. Parts for cantus, altus, tenor, bassus, and quintus (each 17,  p.). RISM (Répertoire international des sources musicales), A/I, G 447...
- Contributor: Apud Hieronymum Scotum - Garugli, Bernardo
- Date: 1562
Notated MusicMvsica excellentissimi Nicolai Gomberti : (vvlgo motecta qvinqve vocvm nvncvpata) : in qva facile comperies quantum ...
Musica excellentissimi Nicolai Gomberti Title from cantvs part; other parts have t.p. in Italian. Parts for cantus, altus, tenor, bassus, and quintus. RISM (Répertoire international des sources musicales), A/I, G 2981 RISM (Répertoire international des sources...
- Contributor: [Girolamo Scotto] - Gombert, Nicolas
- Date: 1539
Notated Music[Chansonnier de M. le marquis de Laborde]
Laborde Chansonnier manuscript score | 151 leaves of music ; 13 x 9 cm. | Manuscript on vellum. Title supplied by cataloger. Described in: Songs, scribes, and society /Jane Alden. 2010, p. -23. Manuscript...
- Contributor: Laborde, Léon (Marquis De)
- Date: 1470
Notated MusicResponsoria maioris hebdomadae : quatuor paribus vocibus decantanda Title from altvs part. Parts for altvs, tenor 1, tenor 2, and bassvs. RISM (Répertoire international des sources musicales), A/I, G 107 RISM (Répertoire international des sources musicales, 990019372 From the library...
- Contributor: Gagliano, Marco Da - Apud Bartholomaeum Magni
- Date: 1630