Book/Printed Material The Sousa Band a discography
About this Item
- The Sousa Band a discography
- Contributor Names
- Smart, James Robert -- 1924- (creator)
- Library of Congress -- Music Division.
- Created / Published
- Library of Congress [For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.], Washington, 1970, monographic.
- Subject Headings
- - Band music -- Discography
- - Sousa Band -- Discography
- - Compiled by James R. Smart. (statement of responsibility)
- v, 123 p. illus., facsims. 27 cm.
- Library of Congress Control Number
- LC Classification
- ML156.4.B3 S6 789.9/136/50671
- Online Format
- Discography. print | v, 123 p. illus., facsims. 27 cm. | Compiled by James R. Smart. (Statement Of Responsibility). Print (Form).
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress [for Sale by the Supt. Of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.]
- Library of Congress. Music Division
- Music Division
- Smart, James Robert
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
Thanks go to the U.S. Marine Band Library External, for permission to reprint copies of Sousa Band tour books and to Paul E. Bierley for permission to reprint his biographical note and bibliography.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Smart, James Robert, and Library Of Congress. TheSousa Band a discography. [Library of Congress For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off., Washington, monographic, 1970] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/70604228/.
APA citation style:
Smart, J. R. & Library Of Congress. (1970) TheSousa Band a discography. [Library of Congress For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off., Washington, monographic] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/70604228/.
MLA citation style:
Smart, James Robert, and Library Of Congress. TheSousa Band a discography. [Library of Congress For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off., Washington, monographic, 1970] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/70604228/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Book/Printed MaterialCatalogue of first editions of Edward MacDowell (1861-1908) print | 89 p. 26 cm. | by O.G. Sonneck, Chief, Music division. (Statement Of Responsibility). At head of title: Library of Congress. Print (Form).
- Contributor: Govt. Print. Off - Library of Congress - Sonneck, Oscar George Theodore - Library of Congress. Music Division - Music Division
- Date: 1917
Book/Printed MaterialThe musical manuscripts and letters of Johannes Brahms (1833-1897) in the collections of the Music Division, ... print | 22 p. ; 23 cm. | prepared by George S. Bozarth with the assistance of Elizabeth H. Auman and William C. Parsons. (Statement Of Responsibility). Print (Form).
- Contributor: Library of Congress. Music Division - Bozarth, George S. - Parsons, William C. - Music Division - Library of Congress - The Library - Auman, Elizabeth H.
- Date: 1983
Book/Printed MaterialThe music manuscripts, first editions, and correspondence of Franz Liszt (1811-1886) in the collections of the ... Bibliography. print | vi, 126 p. ; 23 cm. | compiled by Elizabeth H. Auman and Raymond A. White, with the assistance of Gail L. Freunsch, and Robert J. Palian. (Statement Of...
- Contributor: Palian, Robert J. - Library of Congress. Music Division - The Division - White, Raymond A. - Music Division - Library of Congress - Freunsch, Gail L. - Auman, Elizabeth H.
- Date: 1991
Book/Printed MaterialA bibliography of early secular American music LAC knj 2019-08-28 update (1 card)
- Contributor: Upton, William Treat - Library of Congress. Music Division - Music Division - Library of Congress - The Library of Congress, Music Division - Sonneck, O. G. (Oscar George) - Sonneck, Oscar George Theodore
- Date: 1945
Book/Printed MaterialErnest Bloch, 1880-1959 music manuscripts in the Library of Congress Catalog. Book. print | [12 p.] : port. ; 22 cm. | Cover title. Print (Form).
- Contributor: Library of Congress
- Date: 198?