Audio Recording Air Force song [Off we go into the wild blue yonder]
Air Force song [Off we go into the wild blue yonder]
About this Item
- Air Force song [Off we go into the wild blue yonder]
- Contributor Names
- Crawford, Robert (composer)
- Crawford, Robert (lyricist)
- United States Air Force Concert Band (performer)
- Created / Published
- Department of the Air Force.
- Subject Headings
- - United States. Air Force -- Songs and music
- - Patriotic music -- United States
- - Popular Songs of the Day
- - Songs and Music
- - Politics and Government
- - great depression and world war ii (1929-1945)
- - contemporary america (1945-present)
- - Taken from CD entitled: "Ceremonial music."
- - "The U.S. Air Force" Words & Music by Robert Crawford Copyright (c) 1939, 1942, 1951 by Carl Fischer, Inc. Copyrights renewed. All Rights assigned to Carl Fischer, LLC. International copyright secured. All rights reserved. Used with permission. (Copyright Notice)
- sound recording
- 1 compact disc
- LC Classification
- U.S.A.F. BOL-9102C
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
Copyright and Restrictions
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
Because of copyright laws, songs from the twentieth century may not be represented by very many items on the Web site. While every effort has been made to obtain permission to use these songs or portions of these songs, in some cases this has not been possible. Therefore there may be no recordings or paper items to illustrate those songs. In some instances, the rights' owner may have only granted permission to use a portion of the material online. In those cases, only 30-second excerpts of sound recordings are used, and only one or two pages of print or manuscript materials are used.
The use of U.S. Armed Forces sound recordings in no way indicates an endorsement of the Web site by any branch of the Armed Forces.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Crawford, Robert, Robert Crawford, and United States Air Force Concert Band. Air Force song Off we go into the wild blue yonder. Department of the Air Force. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.100010440/.
APA citation style:
Crawford, R., Crawford, R. & United States Air Force Concert Band. Air Force song Off we go into the wild blue yonder. Department of the Air Force. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.100010440/.
MLA citation style:
Crawford, Robert, Robert Crawford, and United States Air Force Concert Band. Air Force song Off we go into the wild blue yonder. Department of the Air Force. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/ihas.100010440/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingGod bless America sound recording | wav | Taken from cd entitled: "Ceremonial music." "God Bless America" by Irving Berlin © Copyright 1938, 1939 by Irving Berlin © Copyright Renewed 1965, 1966 by Irving Berlin...
- Contributor: United States Air Force Concert Band - Villanueva, Msgt Jari - Berlin, Irving - U. S. Air Force Band
Audio RecordingAmerica sound recording | 1 compact disc | Taken from cd entitled: "Ceremonial music." Song also popularly known as "My country 'tis of thee." Sound Recording (Form).
- Contributor: Villanueva, Msgt Jari - United States Air Force Concert Band
Audio RecordingBattle hymn of the republic sound recording | 1 compact disc | Taken from cd entitled: "Ceremonial music." instrumental Arrangement transcribed by MSgt. Jari Villanueva. Sound Recording (Form).
- Contributor: Howe, Julia Ward - Steffe, William - United States Air Force Concert Band - Nestico, Sammy - Department of the Air Force
- Date: 1861
Audio RecordingCoast Guard [Semper paratus] sound recording | 1 compact disc | Taken from CD titled "Esprit de corps." "Semper Paratus" made available here by W.B. Music Corporation, Warner Brother Inc., Warner Brothers Music Division (Copyright Notice)....
- Contributor: Zimmerman, Charles A. - United States Air Force Concert Band - Department of Air Force
Audio RecordingGod bless America sound recording | 1 DAT audiotape | Taken from a recording of a concert held at the Library of Congress. "God Bless America" by Irving Berlin (c) Copyright 1938, 1939 by Irving...
- Contributor: Virginia Grand Military Band - Berlin, Irving - Schissel, Loras J.
- Date: 2002