Audio Recording "Dear Mr. President," Tucson, Arizona, January or February 1942
About this Item
- "Dear Mr. President," Tucson, Arizona, January or February 1942
- Contributor Names
- Behn, Harry (Collector)
- Lopez, Carlos (Interviewee)
- Created / Published
- Tucson, Arizona, 1942
- Subject Headings
- - Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941
- - World War, 1939-1945--Public opinion
- - World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American
- - Sound recording
- - Personal narratives
- - United States -- Arizona -- Tucson
- Sound recording
- Personal narratives
- - Part of a series of recordings made by Harry Behn, Tucson, Arizona, January or February 1942.
- - Contents: AFS 06446A, Carlos Lopez; AFS 06446B, Carlos Lopez
- 1 sound disc : analog, 78 rpm; 12 in.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- MBRS shelflist: LWO 3493 r45A
- Call number: AFC 1942/003: AFS 6446
- Source Collection
- Dear Mr. President collection (AFC 1942/003)
- American Folklife Center
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. All other materials are free to use and reuse.
The following materials are included with permission. Please contact the American Folklife Center for additional information where contact information is not provided:
"Dear Mr. President" and "The Martins and the Coys" performed by Pete Seeger.
"White Bird Flying," performed by Enos Francisco, Sr. Permission granted by Enos Francisco, Jr. Special thanks to Daniel Lopez for translating the "White Bird Flying" lyrics.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Please cite the source collection title, collection number, and repository:
"Man-on-the-Street" interviews collection (AFC 1941/004), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
"Dear Mr. President" collection (AFC 1942/003), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Radio Research Project Manuscript collection (AFC 1941/005), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Behn, Harry, and Carlos Lopez. "Dear Mr. President," Tucson, Arizona, January or February. Tucson, Arizona, 1942. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/afc1942003_sr46/.
APA citation style:
Behn, H. & Lopez, C. (1942) "Dear Mr. President," Tucson, Arizona, January or February. Tucson, Arizona. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afc1942003_sr46/.
MLA citation style:
Behn, Harry, and Carlos Lopez. "Dear Mr. President," Tucson, Arizona, January or February. Tucson, Arizona, 1942. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afc1942003_sr46/>.