Audio Recording "Man-on-the-Street," Bloomington, Indiana, December 10, 1941
About this Item
- "Man-on-the-Street," Bloomington, Indiana, December 10, 1941
- Contributor Names
- Allen, Robert Eugene Barton, 1906-1982 (Collector)
- Bowin, Donald E. (Interviewee)
- Boyer, Mr. (Interviewee)
- Calvert, Merritt A. (Interviewee)
- Fargo, Miss (Interviewee)
- Fossil, Miss (Interviewee)
- Fox, Mike (Interviewee)
- Laws, Burt (Interviewee)
- Russell, Mr. (Interviewee)
- Martin, Paul (Interviewee)
- Created / Published
- Bloomington, Indiana, December 10, 1941
- Subject Headings
- - Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941
- - international relations
- - World War, 1914-1918
- - World War, 1939-1945--Public opinion
- - World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American
- - Indiana University
- - Isolationism
- - Military readiness
- - World War, 1939-1945--Radio broadcasting and the war
- - South America--Foreign relations
- - Willkie, Wendell L. (Wendell Lewis), 1892-1944
- - World War, 1939-1945--Causes
- - World War, 1939-1945--Economic aspects--United States
- - World War, 1939-1945--Reparations
- - College students--United States--Interviews
- - Interviews
- - Sound recording
- - United States -- Indiana -- Bloomington
- Sound recording
- - Part of a series of interviews made by Robert Allen, Bloomington, Indiana, December 10, 1941.
- - Contents: AFS 06360A, Announcement by radio broadcaster Paul Martin and group discussion with Mike Fox, Mr. Boyer, Miss Fargo. Mr. Russell and other unidentified students; AFS 06360B, Announcement by radio broadcaster Paul Martin; Interview with Merritt A. Calvert; Interview with Donald E. Bowin; Interview with unidentified man; Interview with Burt Laws
- 1 sound disc : analog, 78 rpm; 12 in.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Call number: AFC 1941/004: AFS 6360
- MBRS shelflist: LWO 4872, r406B, and r407A
- Source Collection
- "Man-on-the-Street" interviews collection (AFC 1941/004)
- American Folklife Center
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
- Allen, Robert Eugene Barton
- Bowin, Donald E.
- Boyer, Mr.
- Calvert, Merritt A.
- Fargo, Miss
- Fossil, Miss
- Fox, Mike
- Laws, Burt
- Martin, Paul
- Russell, Mr.
- College Students
- Economic Aspects
- Foreign Relations
- Indiana University
- International Relations
- Military Readiness
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on
- Personal Narratives, American
- Public Opinion
- Radio Broadcasting and the War
- Audio Recording
- South America
- United States
- Willkie, Wendell L. (Wendell Lewis)
- World War
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. All other materials are free to use and reuse.
The following materials are included with permission. Please contact the American Folklife Center for additional information where contact information is not provided:
"Dear Mr. President" and "The Martins and the Coys" performed by Pete Seeger.
"White Bird Flying," performed by Enos Francisco, Sr. Permission granted by Enos Francisco, Jr. Special thanks to Daniel Lopez for translating the "White Bird Flying" lyrics.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Please cite the source collection title, collection number, and repository:
"Man-on-the-Street" interviews collection (AFC 1941/004), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
"Dear Mr. President" collection (AFC 1942/003), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Radio Research Project Manuscript collection (AFC 1941/005), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Allen, Robert Eugene Barton, Donald E Bowin, Mr Boyer, Merritt A Calvert, Miss Fargo, Miss Fossil, Mike Fox, Burt Laws, Mr Russell, and Paul Martin. "Man-on-the-Street," Bloomington, Indiana. Bloomington, Indiana, 1941. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/afc1941004_sr04/.
APA citation style:
Allen, R. E. B., Bowin, D. E., Boyer, M., Calvert, M. A., Fargo, M., Fossil, M. [...] Martin, P. (1941) "Man-on-the-Street," Bloomington, Indiana. Bloomington, Indiana. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afc1941004_sr04/.
MLA citation style:
Allen, Robert Eugene Barton, et al. "Man-on-the-Street," Bloomington, Indiana. Bloomington, Indiana, 1941. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afc1941004_sr04/>.