Map [Topographical map of part of Washington D.C.].
About this Item
- [Topographical map of part of Washington D.C.].
- Contributor Names
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps, Topographic
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Areas covered are unidentified.
- - Title devised by cataloger.
- - Incomplete tracing of LC's G3850 1861 .B6 Vault.
- - In lower right corner: Transferred from Office of Chf. Engr., Defense of Washington, to Engr. Dept. Jan'y 1866.
- - Red and black inks.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper left.
- - Drawn in 2 sections.
- - Stained, fold-lined, and torn.
- - At lower left: 211, L., Sheet 3.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 688.5
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - DCP
- 1 map : ms., col., tracing linen ; 65 x 103 cm., on sheet 87 x 105 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3850 1861 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Engineers. Topographical map of part of Washington D.C. [?, 1861] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/88694009/.
APA citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Engineers. (1861) Topographical map of part of Washington D.C. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/88694009/.
MLA citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Engineers. Topographical map of part of Washington D.C. [?, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/88694009/>.
More Maps like this
MapFort Pennsylvania and encampment at Tennallytown near Washington, D.C. Pen-and-ink, watercolor, and lead pencil. Imperfect: brittle, missing small sections along sheet edges, fold-lined. Includes general "Explanation" index and "Light battery explanation" index. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site...
- Contributor: Baker, George - Cushing, W. E.
- Date: 1862
MapTopography of the federal city, 1791 : [Washington D.C.] Ms. map with original streets, roads, buildings, Washington city boundary (old), and hydrography in col. pencil on photocopy (ozalid) base. Relief shown by contours and shading. Shows "Site of President's House" and...
- Contributor: Hawkins, Don
- Date: 1791
MapTopographical map, 1st Brigade, defenses north of Potomac, Washington, D.C. "1st September 1863." Relief shown by contours. Some buildings, lot lines, householders' names, forts, and vegetation. Covers environs of Forts De Russy, Stevens, Slocum, Totten, Slemmer, Bunker Hill, Saratoga, Thayer, Lincoln, and...
- Contributor: Hodasevich, R. A.
- Date: 1863
MapTopographical map of the District of Columbia Partial cadastral map showing some householders' names, individual buildings, and vegetation. Relief shown by contours and hachures. Depths shown by contours and soundings. Also covers Virginia shoreline zone. "Entered according to Act...
- Contributor: McClelland, D. - D. McClelland, Blanchard & Mohun - Boschke, A. - Blagden, Thos. (Thomas) - Sweeny, Hugh
- Date: 1861
MapMap of the environs of Washington : compiled from Boschkes' map of the District of Columbia ... Shows buildings, rural property lines, householders' names, and vegetation. Relief shown by contours and hachures. Depths shown by contours and soundings. India ink, col. ink, and col. wash. Northern section is printed...
- Contributor: Barnard, J. G. (John Gross) - Boschke, A. - United States Coast Survey - Barnard, J. G.
- Date: 1865