Film, Video Mapping the Landscape: Vision, Memory & Place-Making
About this Item
- Mapping the Landscape: Vision, Memory & Place-Making
- Xin Conan-Wu gave a richly illustrated lecture exploring the story of mapping the landscape in 12th-century China, when the center of politics and economy was shifting from the north to the south and military defeats spurred a new search for identity. Wu examined visual, physical and textual materials in poetry, paintings, prints, architecture, gardens, landscape and philosophy and explored the impact of pedagogy and ritual upon vision and place-making, as well as the relationship between education and natural environment.
- Library of Congress
- John W. Kluge Center (Library of Congress), sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2017-11-09.
- - 12th-century China, Chinese History, Place-making, Chinese Artwork, Chinese Culture, National Identity
- - Biography, History
- - Culture, Performing Arts
- - Education
- - Literature
- - Poetry
- - Classification: Education.
- - Classification: Fine Arts.
- - Classification: Geography, Anthropology, Recreation.
- - Classification: History (General) and History of Europe.
- - Classification: Language and Literature.
- - Classification: Philosophy, Psychology, Religion.
- - Classification: Political Science.
- - Classification: Social Sciences.
- - Xin Conan-Wu.
- - Recorded on 2017-11-09.
- - Librarians, Archivists.
- - Researchers.
- - Teachers.
- - Visitors.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body John W. Kluge Center. Mapping the Landscape: Vision, Memory & Place-Making. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -11-09, 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690665/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & John W. Kluge Center, S. B. (2017) Mapping the Landscape: Vision, Memory & Place-Making. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -11-09. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021690665/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body John W. Kluge Center. Mapping the Landscape: Vision, Memory & Place-Making. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -11-09, 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021690665/>.