Film, Video History of Educa Vision
About this Item
- History of Educa Vision
- Leaders of the pioneering educational publishing company "Educa Vision" recorded an oral history of their enterprise. Speakers were founder and publisher Fequiere Vilsaint, author and vice-president Maude Heurtelou and Carol Hollander, editor of the firm's Caribbean Studies Press. Established upon a fundamental commitment to recognize, build upon and develop the linguist and cultural asset that is a Haitian-Creole speaking child's native language, the press supports this child when he or she enters a predominately English-Language classroom.
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Hispanic Division, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2011-06-13.
- - Education
- - Literature
- - Classification: Education.
- - Classification: History: America.
- - Various.
- - Recorded on 2011-06-13.
- - Teachers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Hispanic Division. History of Educa Vision. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -06-13, 2011. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688696/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Hispanic Division, S. B. (2011) History of Educa Vision. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -06-13. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688696/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Hispanic Division. History of Educa Vision. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -06-13, 2011. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021688696/>.