Film, Video Letter of Alfred North Whitehead
About this Item
- Letter of Alfred North Whitehead
- A rare, six-page letter written by Alfred North Whitehead, one of the major philosophers and mathematicians of the 20th century, was the subject of a half-day symposium at the Library of Congress. The letter was recently donated to the Library and will be housed in the Manuscript Division. The symposium focused on the historical context of the letter and on Whitehead and his intellectual focus in a number of fields. Speakers included Roland Faber, George Lucas, Michael Epperson, David Finkelstein, Derek Malone-France, Ron Phipps, Timothy Eastman and Henry S. Leonard, Jr.
- Library of Congress
- Library of Congress. Manuscript Division, sponsoring body
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2011-02-17.
- - Biography, History
- - Science, Technology
- - Classification: Science.
- - Various.
- - Recorded on 2011-02-17.
- - Librarians, Archivists.
- - Researchers.
- 1 online resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Manuscript Division. Letter of Alfred North Whitehead. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -02-17, 2011. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688611/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress & Library Of Congress. Manuscript Division, S. B. (2011) Letter of Alfred North Whitehead. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -02-17. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021688611/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, and Sponsoring Body Library Of Congress. Manuscript Division. Letter of Alfred North Whitehead. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, -02-17, 2011. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021688611/>.