Collection | Software, E-Resource Rodney Fort's Sports Business Data Pages. Rodney Fort's Sports Business Data / RodsSportsBusinessData
About this Item
- Rodney Fort's Sports Business Data Pages.
- Other Title
- Rodney Fort's Sports Business Data
- As of February 15, 2019, the dataset is organized into the following categories: North American Pro Leagues; World Football & MLS; NCAA College; and a General Data category, which includes Minor League Baseball, Tennis, NASCAR, Golf and WNBA.
- Contributor Names
- Fort, Rodney D., compiler.
- Created / Published
- [United States] : Rodney Fort.
- Subject Headings
- - Professional sports--Economic aspects--United States--Statistics
- - College sports--Economic aspects--United States--Statistics
- - Soccer--Economic aspects--Europe--Statistics
- - Professional sports--Economic aspects--Statistics
- Data sets
- - Website for dataset created July 3, 2012.
- - "I began the collection offered here in 1982 when Roger Noll hired me as a graduate student to work on Selig v. US. To the best of my knowledge and ability, they are the most complete data on the economics and business of U.S. pro sports leagues in existence. I say that so that everybody will feel challenged to prove me wrong and add to the data (as many of you already have!)."
- - "[S]ome of these data may be proprietary and their presence here is simply tolerated by their originators."
- - Downloaded by the Library of Congress on January 23, 2019.
- - Title from ReadMeFirst document (viewed February 15, 2019).
- textual datasets
- Call Number/Physical Location
- s-Online Electronic Resource
- Digital Id
- https://umich.app.box.com/s/41707f0b2619c0107b8b External
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Rights Advisory
- The data in this dataset was compiled by Rodney Fort and made available with his permission for research and scholarly purposes. The Library of Congress does not warrant the accuracy of this data. All downstream uses are the sole responsibility of the user; the data may be subject to copyright, publicity rights, privacy rights, or other legal interests.
- Online Format
- compressed data
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The Library of Congress is providing access to The Selected Datasets Collection for educational and research purposes. The Library has obtained permission for the use of many materials in the Collection, and presents additional materials for educational and research purposes in accordance with fair use under United States copyright law. Researchers should watch for modern documents that may be copyrighted (for example, published in the United States more than 95 years ago, or unpublished and the author died less than 70 years ago).
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You are also responsible for securing any permissions needed to use the items. You will need written permission from the copyright owners of materials not in the public domain for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some content may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Digital Collections Management and Services Division
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rodney Fort's Sports Business Data Pages. composeds by Fort, Rodney D.Iler [United States: Rodney Fort, 2012] Software, E-Resource. https://www.loc.gov/item/2019205401/.
APA citation style:
(2012) Rodney Fort's Sports Business Data Pages. Fort, R. D. I., comp [United States: Rodney Fort] [Software, E-Resource] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2019205401/.
MLA citation style:
Rodney Fort's Sports Business Data Pages. comp by Fort, Rodney D.Iler [United States: Rodney Fort, 2012] Software, E-Resource. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2019205401/>.
More Collections like this
CollectionDatasets from Branch Rickey Papers
Branch Rickey : The data available here is from Branch Rickey scouting reports, part of legendary baseball scout Rickey's Baseball Files available in his archival papers. In a career spanning nearly 60 years, Rickey was...
- Contributor: By the People (Program)
- Date: 2019
CollectionNational Enquirer Index and Database Files, 1977- The National Enquirer Index and Database Files were created by Mike Handy and other retired Library of Congress staff and volunteers to index the microfilm holdings of National Enquirer at the Library...
- Contributor: Handy, Mike
- Date: 1977
CollectionSimple English Wikipedia.
Simplewiki The dataset is composed of the content of Simple Wikipedia including articles and revision history in XML. The XML dumps are in a Export format and compressed in bzip2 and .7z formats;...
- Contributor: Wikimedia Foundation
- Date: 2003
CollectionAtlas of historical county boundaries The Atlas is composed of data packaged by state or the collective United States. The state packages are in three formats (52 zipped GIS program files, 52 zipped KMZ files, and 52...
- Contributor: Long, John Hamilton - Dr. William M. Scholl Center for American History and Culture
- Date: 2012
CollectionEnron email dataset. "This dataset was collected and prepared by the CALO Project (A Cognitive Assistant that Learns and Organizes). It contains data from about 150 users, mostly senior management of Enron, organized into folders....
- Contributor: Enron Corp - United States. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission - Cohen, William W.
- Date: 2015