Collection | Manuscript/Mixed Material | Software, E-Resource FMA : a dataset for music analysis. Free music archive
About this Item
- FMA : a dataset for music analysis.
- Other Title
- Free music archive
- Contributor Names
- WFMU (Radio station : Montclair, N.J.)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Musical analysis
- Sound recordings
- - The full dataset includes over 100,000 ful length MP3 audio recordings, and truncated files. There are four .csv metadata files that include: track-level information (such as ID, title, artist, genres, tags and play counts), genre IDs, data generated using LibRosa (a package for music and audio analysis), and data generated by echonest (applicable to a subset of the records). A published paper is a single PDF document, and code (notebooks and scripts) that have been developed for interacting with the dataset and metadata files. The Library is currently only able to provide dowload access for the smallest version of the dataset. Visit the GitHub archive in order to download the larger versions.
- - Description based on GitHub page, Sept. 25, 2018.
- s-Online Electronic Resource
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Rights Advisory
- The majority of the audio in the FMA is licensed as either Creative Commons or Public Domain, while a smaller portion are under less common licenses. The code is available under the MIT license, and the paper and metadata files are released under the CC BY 4.0 license.
- Online Format
- compressed data
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The Library of Congress is providing access to The Selected Datasets Collection for educational and research purposes. The Library has obtained permission for the use of many materials in the Collection, and presents additional materials for educational and research purposes in accordance with fair use under United States copyright law. Researchers should watch for modern documents that may be copyrighted (for example, published in the United States more than 95 years ago, or unpublished and the author died less than 70 years ago).
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You are also responsible for securing any permissions needed to use the items. You will need written permission from the copyright owners of materials not in the public domain for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some content may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Digital Collections Management and Services Division
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Wfmu. FMA: a dataset for music analysis. 2017. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/2018655052/.
APA citation style:
Wfmu. (2017) FMA: a dataset for music analysis. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2018655052/.
MLA citation style:
Wfmu. FMA: a dataset for music analysis. 2017. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2018655052/>.
More Collections like this
CollectionAtlas of historical county boundaries The Atlas is composed of data packaged by state or the collective United States. The state packages are in three formats (52 zipped GIS program files, 52 zipped KMZ files, and 52...
- Contributor: Long, John Hamilton - Dr. William M. Scholl Center for American History and Culture
- Date: 2012
CollectionEnron email dataset. "This dataset was collected and prepared by the CALO Project (A Cognitive Assistant that Learns and Organizes). It contains data from about 150 users, mostly senior management of Enron, organized into folders....
- Contributor: Enron Corp - United States. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission - Cohen, William W.
- Date: 2015
CollectionNational Enquirer Index and Database Files, 1977- The National Enquirer Index and Database Files were created by Mike Handy and other retired Library of Congress staff and volunteers to index the microfilm holdings of National Enquirer at the Library...
- Contributor: Handy, Mike
- Date: 1977
CollectionGrand comics database dataset
GCD A database of creator credits, story details, and other information useful to the readers and fans of comic books, minicomics, and fanzines.
- Contributor: Grand Comics Database Project
- Date: 1994
CollectionRodney Fort's Sports Business Data Pages.
Rodney Fort's Sports Business Data | RodsSportsBusinessData As of February 15, 2019, the dataset is organized into the following categories: North American Pro Leagues; World Football & MLS; NCAA College; and a General Data category, which includes Minor League...
- Contributor: Fort, Rodney D.
- Date: 2012