Film, Video All my babies...a midwife's own story Midwife's own story
About this Item
- All my babies...a midwife's own story
- Midwife's own story
- A training film for midwives. Shows in detail a complete delivery and demonstrates the approved procedures to be used by the midwife before, during, and after delivery. Follows a midwife, Mrs. Mary Coley, in her work with various cases under both favorable and unfavorable circumstances.
- Stoney, George C., film director, film producer, screenwriter.
- Cadwallader, Marian F.
- Mitchell, Hannah D.
- Bond, Peaslee, cinematographer.
- Cummins, Sylvia K., film editor.
- Applebaum, Louis, 1918-2000, music.
- Association of American Medical Colleges. Medical Audio-Visual Institute.
- Georgia. Department of Public Health.
- Columbia University. Press. Center for Mass Communication.
Created / Published
- United States : Distributed by CMC, Center for Mass Communication of Columbia University Press, 1953.
- - Midwifery--Georgia--Albany
- - Coley, Mary Francis Hill,--1900-1966
- - African American midwives--Georgia--Albany
- - Childbirth at home--Georgia--Albany
- - Prenatal care--Georgia--Albany
- - Obstetrics--Georgia--Albany
- Documentary films
- Instructional films
- Feature films
- Nonfiction films
- - MP4939 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: State of Georgia Dept. of Health; 25Mar53 (in notice: 1952); MP4939.
- - Appearing: Mrs. Mary Coley.
- - Introduced by Wm. A. Mason, M.D., Ph.D.
- - Technical supervisors, Marion F. Cadwallader, R.N., B.S., Hannah D. Mitchell, R.N., M.P.H. ; director of photography, Peaslee Bond ; assistant cameraman, Robert Galbraith ; edited by, Sylvia K. Cummins ; technical supervisors, Marion F. Cadwallader, R.N., B.S., Hannah D. Mitchell, R.N., M.P.H. ; musical director, Louis Applebaum ; sound engineer, Walter Winn ; assistant sound engineer, Jack Brown ; chief electrician, Robert Downey ; music performed by the Musical Art Chorus, Othello C. Wilson, director.
- - Photographed between January and March, 1952 in Albany, Georgia.
- - Summary from original catalog card in M/B/RS Film & Television card catalog.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - This film was selected for the National Film Registry.
- - Sources used: Barnouw, E. Documentary, a history of the non-fiction film, p. 258; U.S. National Library of Medicine WWW site, viewed July 3, 2017 (digital collections catalog record for All my babies); Film History, Vol. 1, No. 4 (1987), p. 367-392, Jackson, L. The Production of George Stoney's film "All my babies: a midwife's own story" on JSTOR, retrieved July 3, 2017; Internet movie database WWW site, viewed July 3, 2017; Wikipedia WWW site, viewed July 3, 2017.
- 2 video files (digital, MPEG-4) (ca. 55 min.) : si., b&w.
- viewing print 3 film reels of 3 on 1 (ca. 55 min., 1,930 ft.,) : sd., b&w, 16 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FDA 4767 (viewing print)
- Barnouw (Erik) Collection (Library of Congress)
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
- Applebaum, Louis
- Association of American Medical Colleges. Medical Audio-Visual Institute
- Bond, Peaslee
- Cadwallader, Marian F.
- Columbia University. Press. Center for Mass Communication
- Cummins, Sylvia K.
- Georgia. Department of Public Health
- Mitchell, Hannah D.
- Stoney, George C.
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Stoney, George C., Film Director, Film Producer, Screenwriter, Marian F Cadwallader, Hannah D Mitchell, Peaslee Bond, Sylvia K Cummins, Louis Applebaum, Association Of American Medical Colleges. Medical Audio-Visual Institute, Georgia. Department Of Public Health, and Columbia University. Press. Center For Mass Communication. All My Babies...a Midwife's Own Story. United States: Distributed by CMC, Center for Mass Communication of Columbia University Press, 1953. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2017604960/.
APA citation style:
Stoney, G. C., Cadwallader, M. F., Mitchell, H. D., Bond, P., Cummins, S. K., Applebaum, L. [...] Columbia University. Press. Center For Mass Communication. (1953) All My Babies...a Midwife's Own Story. United States: Distributed by CMC, Center for Mass Communication of Columbia University Press. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2017604960/.
MLA citation style:
Stoney, George C., Film Director, Film Producer, Screenwriter, et al. All My Babies...a Midwife's Own Story. United States: Distributed by CMC, Center for Mass Communication of Columbia University Press, 1953. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2017604960/>.