Notated Music Votes for women : international hymn of the suffragettes
About this Item
- Votes for women : international hymn of the suffragettes
- Contributor Names
- Charlton, W. H., active 1913, composer.
- Marion, J. (Joseph), lyricist.
- Pankhurst, Emmeline, 1858-1928, dedicatee.
- Created / Published
- New York : Len Fleming & Co., 
- Subject Headings
- - Women--Suffrage--United States--Songs and music
- - Feminist music--United States
- - Songs with piano
- - E322989 U.S. Copyright Office 19131103
- - For voice and piano.
- - "Respectfully dedicated to the greatest living martyr of women suffrage, Emmeline Pankhurst."
- - Includes advertisements for other music.
- - Staff notation.
- 1 score (5 pages) ; 35 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- M1665.W8 C
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- OCLC Number
- Online Format
- E322989 U.S. Copyright Office 19131103 For voice and piano. "Respectfully dedicated to the greatest living martyr of women suffrage, Emmeline Pankhurst." Includes advertisements for other music. Staff notation.
- Original Format
- notated music
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The contents of the Library of Congress Women's Suffrage in Sheet Music Collection are in the public domain and are free to use or reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Marion, J. , Lyricist, and Emmeline Pankhurst. Votes for Women: International Hymn of the Suffragettes. [New York: Len Fleming & Co., ©, 1913] Notated Music. https://www.loc.gov/item/2017562139/.
APA citation style:
Marion, J. & Pankhurst, E. (1913) Votes for Women: International Hymn of the Suffragettes. [New York: Len Fleming & Co., ©] [Notated Music] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2017562139/.
MLA citation style:
Marion, J. , Lyricist, and Emmeline Pankhurst. Votes for Women: International Hymn of the Suffragettes. [New York: Len Fleming & Co., ©, 1913] Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2017562139/>.
More Notated Music like this
Notated MusicWoman's suffrage songs E323273 U.S. Copyright Office 1913 Songs for voice and piano. Actually published by Pauline Russell Browne (not Paulinie). "For public meetings, conventions, entertainments or vaudeville." "Songs sung at the Indiana State Convention...
- Contributor: Browne, Pauline Russell
- Date: 1913
Notated MusicFemale suffrage : song and chorus For voice and piano. "Dedicated to Lucy Stone, Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, George Francis Train, and the advocates of female suffrage." Includes advertisements for other music. English words; also printed...
- Contributor: Cohen, R. A. - Stanton, Elizabeth Cady - Stone, Lucy - Anthony, Susan (Susan Brownell) - Train, George Francis - Phelps, A. J. - Briggs, George H.
- Date: 1867
Notated MusicDaughters of freedom! The ballot be yours : solo or quartet C233432 U.S. Copyright Office 18971102 For solo voice and piano or mixed chorus and piano. "To Mrs. Mary A. Livermore." Staff notation.
- Contributor: Livermore, Mary A. (Mary Ashton) - Christie, Edwin - Cooper, George
- Date: 1897
Notated MusicVote it right along! : song and chorus For voice and piano with choral refrain (SATB). "Dedicated to the Universal Suffrage and Equal Rights Association of Illinois." Staff notation.
- Contributor: Jackson, E. H. - Hutchinson Family (Singers) - Hutchinson, John W. (John Wallace)
- Date: 1869
Notated MusicWomen, join hands : song E273378 U.S. Copyright Office 19111216 For medium voices and piano or 2 cornets and piano. Title from cover. Includes advertisement for other music. Staff notation.
- Contributor: Lloyd, Selwyn - Housman, Laurence
- Date: 1911