Audio Recording Argentine author Jorge Luis Borges reading from his work
Argentine writer Jorge Luis Borges reading from his poetry
About this Item
- Argentine author Jorge Luis Borges reading from his work
- Mr. Borges reads from Poemas, 1923-1958.
- Borges, Jorge Luis, 1899-1986
- Archive of Hispanic Literature on Tape (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- From Poemas, 1923-1958: Un soldado de Urbina (min. 00:01); El tango (min. 00:53); Una llave en Salónica (min. 04:30); Límites (min. 05:21); El general Quiroga va en coche al muere (min. 7:51); Fundación mitológica de Buenos Aires (min. 9:52); Baltazar Gracián (min. 12:23); El Golem (min. 14:47); Poema conjetural (min. 19:01); Página para recordar al Coronel Suárez, vencedor en Junín (min. 21:43); Una brújula (min. 24:13); La noche cíclica (min. 25:05); Manuscrito hallado en un libro de Joseph Conrad (min. 27:32); Un sajón (A.D. 449) (min. 30:37); Un patío (min. 33:07); Remordimiento por cualquier defunción (min. 33:42); Llaneza (min. 34:35); Mateo XXV, 30 (min. 35:30).
- - Argentina--Poetry
- - Poems in Spanish.
- - Recorded Nov. 3-25, 1958, USIS Buenos Aires.
- - Recorded for the Archive of Hispanic Literature on Tape.
- - Archive of Hisp. Lit. on Tape, p. 75-77.
- - Production level cataloging.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- 2 sound tape reels (36 min., 22 sec.) : analog, 7 1/2 ips ; 7 in.
Call Number/Physical Location
- LWO 3678 reels 1-2 (original--not for playback)
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to The PALABRA Archive for educational, reference, and research purposes. The Library has obtained permission for the use of the materials in the Collection.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You are also responsible for securing any permissions needed to use the items. You will need written permission from the copyright owners of materials not in the public domain for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some content may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Hispanic Division
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Borges, Jorge Luis, and Archive Of Hispanic Literature On Tape. Argentine author Jorge Luis Borges reading from his work. 1958. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/2015563151/.
APA citation style:
Borges, J. L. & Archive Of Hispanic Literature On Tape. (1958) Argentine author Jorge Luis Borges reading from his work. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2015563151/.
MLA citation style:
Borges, Jorge Luis, and Archive Of Hispanic Literature On Tape. Argentine author Jorge Luis Borges reading from his work. 1958. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2015563151/>.