Map Map of McHenry County, Illinois
About this Item
- Map of McHenry County, Illinois
- Contributor Names
- M.H. Thompson & Bro.
- Created / Published
- [Dundee, Illinois] : M.H. Thompson & Brother, 1862.
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--Illinois--McHenry County--Maps
- - Real property--Illinois--McHenry County--Maps
- - United States--Illinois--McHenry County
- - LC Land ownership maps, 125
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes business directories, lists of county officers, board of supervisors, "Early history of McHenry County," views of business, residential, and public buildings.
- - Insets: Map of McHenry, Ill. -- Map of West McHenry -- Map of Algonquin -- Map of Woodstock -- Map of Marengo.
- - LC copy mounted on cloth backing and accompanied by negative photocopy. 6 sheets, 54 x 46 cm.
- 1 map on 6 sheets : color ; 89 x 98, sheets 59 x 51 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4103.M58G46 1862 .M2
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
M.H. Thompson & Bro. Map of McHenry County, Illinois. [Dundee, Illinois: M.H. Thompson & Brother, 1862] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593107/.
APA citation style:
M.H. Thompson & Bro. (1862) Map of McHenry County, Illinois. [Dundee, Illinois: M.H. Thompson & Brother] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593107/.
MLA citation style:
M.H. Thompson & Bro. Map of McHenry County, Illinois. [Dundee, Illinois: M.H. Thompson & Brother, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2013593107/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of Clinton County, Iowa Shows landowners. LC Land ownership maps, 184 "Lith. of N. Friend, 332 Walnut St., Phila.". Includes illustrations. Insets: Map of the city of Camanche -- Map of the city of Clinton, Clinton...
- Contributor: M.H. Thompson & Bro
- Date: 1865
MapMap of McHenry County, Illinois Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Includes McHenry County statistical table (Census 1900).
- Contributor: Hunter & Van Valkenburgh
- Date: 1903
MapSnyder's real estate map of Cook County, Illinois : indexed LC Land ownership maps, 107 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Includes "index to cities, villages, post offices, railroad stations etc." and "index to townships."...
- Contributor: L.M. Snyder & Co.
- Date: 1886
MapMap of Lake County, Illinois "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1873 by Frost & Mc. Lennan in the Office of the Librarian of Congress in Washington." LC Land ownership maps, 123 Available also...
- Contributor: Frost & McLennan
- Date: 1873
MapPlat book of Mason County, Illinois LeGear. Atlases of the United States, 4293 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Includes index. LC copy imperfect: Front and back boards separated from binding....
- Contributor: Alden, Ogle & Company - Bracher, Wm. (William) - Bourquin, F. (Frederick)
- Date: 1891