Map Indian Territory, with part of the adjoining state of Kansas, &c.
About this Item
- Indian Territory, with part of the adjoining state of Kansas, &c.
- Contributor Names
- United States. Army. Corps of Topographical Engineers.
- Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Engineer Bureau, War Dept., 1866.
- Subject Headings
- - Indians of North America--Oklahoma--Maps
- - Indian Territory
- - United States--Oklahoma
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Annotated in red and black ink.
- - "Prepared from the Map of Danl. C. Major, U.S. Astt. showing the boundaries of the Choctaw and Chickasaw Nations, the Creek, Seminole, and Leased Indian Country established by authority of the Commrs. of Indian Affairs in 1858-59. and from Lieut. Col. J.E. Johnston's Map of the Southern Boundary of Kansas in 1857. The Map of the Creek Country by Lieut. L. C. Woodruff, Topl. Engrs., in 1850-51."
- - Described in LC Many nations.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Cut and mounted on cloth.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 48 x 62 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4021.E1 1866 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Topographical Engineers. Indian Territory, with part of the adjoining state of Kansas, &c. Washington, D.C.: Engineer Bureau, War Dept, 1866. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2011590003/.
APA citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Topographical Engineers. (1866) Indian Territory, with part of the adjoining state of Kansas, &c. Washington, D.C.: Engineer Bureau, War Dept. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2011590003/.
MLA citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Topographical Engineers. Indian Territory, with part of the adjoining state of Kansas, &c. Washington, D.C.: Engineer Bureau, War Dept, 1866. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2011590003/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of the Chickasaw country : and contiguous portions of the Indian Territory Relief shown by hachures. Shows roads, settlements, drainage, and township lines. "Authorities: Land Surveys of the Chickasaw Nation, 1871 ... drawn by Ado Hunnius"--Label attached in lower right corner." "Published under the...
- Contributor: Ruffner, E. H. - Ruffner, E. H. (Ernest Howard)
- Date: 1872
MapMap of Indian Territory and Oklahoma. Relief shown by hachures. Title from panel. At head of map: Eleventh Census of the United States. Includes text and list of railroads. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site...
- Contributor: United States. Bureau of the Census
- Date: 1890
MapMap of the Indian Territory showing Oklahoma country Shows townships, military and Indian reservations, and mail service. Relief shown by hachures. Title from cover: Rand, McNally & Co's official map of the Indian Territory. "Entered according to the act of...
- Contributor: Rand McNally and Company - United States. General Land Office
- Date: 1889
MapIndian territory: compiled from the official records of the records of the General Land Office and ... This map contains extensive cultural detail relating to the reservations composing Indian Territory. It has also been annotated to illustrate the boundaries of the formation of Oklahoma Territory within the Indian Territory.
- Contributor: Harrison, Benjamin - Mayo, George U.
- Date: 1887
MapMap of the Indian and Oklahoma territories. LC Many nations, 201 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: Rand McNally and Company
- Date: 1892