Map Pony express route April 3, 1860 - October 24, 1861
About this Item
- Pony express route April 3, 1860 - October 24, 1861
- Contributor Names
- Jackson, William Henry, 1843-1942.
- Driggs, Howard R. (Howard Roscoe), 1873-1963.
- American Pioneer Trails Association.
- Created / Published
- [Bayside, New York]: American Pioneer Trails Association, 1960.
- Subject Headings
- - Post roads--West (U.S.)--Maps
- - Postal service--West (U.S.)--Maps
- - Pony Express National Historic Trail--Maps, Pictorial
- - United States--West
- - Pictorial map.
- - Shows route of Pony Express with names and location of relay stations.
- - Includes text by Howard R. Driggs and illustrations.
- - LC Trails, 13
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : col. ; 22 x 73 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4051.P8 1861 .J3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Jackson, William Henry, Howard R Driggs, and American Pioneer Trails Association. Pony express route April 3, 1860. [Bayside, New York: American Pioneer Trails Association, 1960] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2004629238/.
APA citation style:
Jackson, W. H., Driggs, H. R. & American Pioneer Trails Association. (1960) Pony express route April 3, 1860. [Bayside, New York: American Pioneer Trails Association] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2004629238/.
MLA citation style:
Jackson, William Henry, Howard R Driggs, and American Pioneer Trails Association. Pony express route April 3, 1860. [Bayside, New York: American Pioneer Trails Association, 1960] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2004629238/>.
More Maps like this
MapPony express route April 3, 1860 - October 24, 1861 Pictorial map. Shows route of Pony Express with names and location of relay stations. Includes text by Howard R. Driggs and illustrations. LC Trails, 13 Available also through the Library of Congress...
- Contributor: Jackson, William Henry - Union Pacific Railroad Company - Driggs, Howard R. (Howard Roscoe)
- Date: 1951
MapMap of part of the United States exhibiting the principal mail routes west of the Mississippi ... Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image. 2 copies, annotations vary.
- Contributor: Boyd, E. D.
- Date: 1867
MapGeneral map of the United States & their territory between the Mississippi & the Pacific Ocean. ... Gold mines are indicated in yellow and silver mines in blue. Indicates post routes, "old trail," finished and unfinished railroads, and the proposed state of "Colona."
- Contributor: Fiala, John T.
- Date: 1859
Map[Karty pochtovykh soobshchenīĭ uchrezhdennykh v Rossīĭskoĭ Imperīi pri T︠S︡ari︠e︡ Aleksi︠e︡i︠e︡ Mikhailovichi︠e︡ i ego preemnikakh do Ekateriny ...
Karta pochtovykh soobshchenīĭ Shows designated national postal routes established in various imperial reigns. In Russian. Common title devised by cataloger on the basis of the individual sheet titles. Accompanied by printed text sheet in script...
MapPony Express National Historic Trail "*GPO: 2010--357-940/80450." Relief shown by shading and spot heights. Title from panel. Includes text. Text, timeline, and ill. (some col.) on verso. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as...
- Contributor: United States. Forest Service - United States. National Park Service
- Date: 2010