Map Tōkaidō bunken ezu 東海道分間絵図 / / Tōkaidō bunken emaki / /
About this Item
- Tōkaidō bunken ezu
- 東海道分間絵図 /
- Tōkaidō bunken emaki
- Ochikochi Dōin, active 17th century.
- Hishikawa, Moronobu, approximately 1618-approximately 1694.
Created / Published
- [Japan : s.n., 17--?]
- - Roads--Japan--Tokai Region--Maps
- - Roads--Japan--Kyōto Region--Maps
- - Tokai Region (Japan)--Maps
- - Kyoto Region (Japan)--Maps
- - Japan--Tokyo Region
- - Japan--Kyōto Region
- Early maps
- Pictorial maps
- Manuscript maps
- - Shows road between Edo (Tokyo) to Kyoto.
- - "1-bu o motte 1-chō ni ateru."
- - Pictorial map.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Title from title piece mounted on scroll.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Orientation varies.
- - Worm holes in the map.
- - Stamped on: Kantōkaku [?]; possibly owned by Matsudaira Yorihiro, 1703-1763.
- - Not listed in Kokusho sōmokuroku and Kotenseki sōgō mokuroku; Kokusho sōmokuroku v. 6, p. 14 (Tōkaidō bunken ezu, 5-jō; variants: Tōkaidō kōmoku bunken no zu, Tōkaidō bunken no zu; auth. Ochikochi Dōin cho, Hishikawa Moronobu ga, Genroku 3  kan).
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 2 sheets : ms., col., mounted on 2 scrolls ; 3,575 x 26 cm., sheets 1,722 x 26 cm. and 1,853 x 26 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G7964.T7P2 17-- .T6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ochikochi Dōin, Active 17Th Century, and Moronobu Hishikawa. Tōkaidō Bunken Ezu. [Japan: s.n., 17--?, 1700] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2002531180/.
APA citation style:
Ochikochi Dōin, A. 1. C. & Hishikawa, M. (1700) Tōkaidō Bunken Ezu. [Japan: s.n., 17--?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2002531180/.
MLA citation style:
Ochikochi Dōin, Active 17Th Century, and Moronobu Hishikawa. Tōkaidō Bunken Ezu. [Japan: s.n., 17--?, 1700] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2002531180/>.