Book/Printed Material The wonderful Wizard of Oz
About this Item
- The wonderful Wizard of Oz
- Baum, L. Frank (Lyman Frank), 1856-1919.
- Denslow, W. W. (William Wallace), 1856-1915, ill.
Created / Published
- Chicago ; New York : G.M. Hill Co., 1900, c1899.
- - Adventure and adventurers--Juvenile fiction
- - Wizards--Juvenile fiction
- Juvenile literature--1900
- - First edition, second state. Cf. Schiller.
- - Illustrated title-page in color, illustrated end-papers.
- - "The engravings were made by the Illinois Engraving Company, the paper was supplied by the Dwight Brothers Paper Company, and Messrs. A. R. Barnes & Company printed the book for the publishers..."--Lower paste-down.
- - Introduction dated April 1900.
- - Schiller, J.G. Baum, 43 (LC copy 1)
- - Schiller, J.G. Baum, 42 (LC copy 2)
- - Blanck, J. Peter Parley to Penrod, p. 111-113
- - LC copy 1 imperfect: title page and introduction wanting.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - Shelved by call no. in RB Coll.
- - LAC ael 2020-09-03 no edits (1 card)
- 259,  p.,  leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 23 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- PZ8.B327 Wo
- PZ8.B327 Wo Copy 2 First edition, 1st state. Cf. Schiller. In original publisher's binding: Green cloth over boards, with an illustration of the Cowardly Lion stamped in green and red. Given in memory of Margit H. Meyer by her father, Dr. E.R. Meyer.
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
Library of Congress Children's Book Selections are in the public domain and are free to use and reuse.
- Credit Line - For books from the General Collections: Library of Congress
- Credit Line - For books from The Rare Book and Special Collections Division: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Baum, L. Frank, and W. W Denslow. The wonderful Wizard of Oz. Chicago ; New York: G.M. Hill Co., 1900, 1900. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/03032405/.
APA citation style:
Baum, L. F. & Denslow, W. W. (1900) The wonderful Wizard of Oz. Chicago ; New York: G.M. Hill Co., 1900. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/03032405/.
MLA citation style:
Baum, L. Frank, and W. W Denslow. The wonderful Wizard of Oz. Chicago ; New York: G.M. Hill Co., 1900, 1900. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/03032405/>.