The Gibson Girl's America was developed under the leadership of James H. Billington, Librarian of Congress.
The exhibition is made possible by the Swann Foundation for Caricature and Cartoon, whose mission is to encourage appreciation for the dynamic, evolving field of cartoon and illustration arts.
Staff for the Exhibition
- William Jacobs, Chief, Interpretive Programs Office
- Cynthia Wayne, Exhibition Director, Interpretive Programs Office
- Martha H. Kennedy, Curator, Popular and Applied Graphic Art, Prints and Photographs Division
- Karen Werth, Production Officer, Interpretive Programs Office
- Christopher O'Connor, Senior Exhibition Specialist, Interpretive Programs Office
- Rachel Waldron, Registrar, Interpretive Programs Office
Interpretive Programs Office Staff
Denise Agee, Kimberli Curry, Vicki Fortuno, Martha Hopkins, Carroll Johnson-Welsh, Tambra Johnson Reap, David Jung, Susan Mordan-White, Betsy Nahum-Miller, Cheryl Regan, Marc Roman, Patrick Shepler, and Tanishia Douglas, intern
Special thanks are due to the following members of the Library of Congress staff for their assistance with this exhibition:
Roberta I. Shaffer, Library Services; Jeremy Adamson, Collections and Services; Helena Zinkham, Kit Arrington, Katherine Blood, Beverly Brannan, Brett Carnell, Karen Chittenden, Sara W. Duke, Bonnie Dziedzic, Phil Michel, Barbara Natanson, Lori Watlington, and Woody Woodis, Prints and Photographs Division; Kaare Chaffee, Holly Krueger, Lisa Moberg, and Jamie Schmeits, Conservation Division; Dorothy Gholston, Printing Management Section; Stanley Bandong, Graphic Arts Services Unit; Jim Karamanis, Thip Padavong, Rohit Gupta, Laura Moiseev, Chun Yi, and Qun Lai, Web Services; Domenic Sergi, Andrew Cook, and Thadas Jeffers, Digital Scan Center; Donna Urschel, Public Affairs Office
The Library also wishes to express gratitude to the following individuals for their assistance and expertise: Richard Kelly, The Kelly Collection of American Illustration, Ian Burns, Fantagraphics Books, and Suzanne Finstad.
Exhibition and brochure design