Accessibility for Visitors
Public Programs and Special Events
Please make requests to the point of contact listed on the event announcement for program details and to arrange accessible parking. A complete list of upcoming events can be found here. Please request ADA accommodations at least five business days in advance by contacting (202) 707-6024 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thomas Jefferson Building (LJ), 10 First Street SE. Enter on First Street or Second Street side of building.
- John Adams Building (LA), Second Street and Independence Avenue SE. Enter on Second Street side of building.
- James Madison Memorial Building (LM), 101 Independence Avenue SE. Enter on Independence Avenue or C Street entrance.
- National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled, 1291 Taylor Street NW. Enter on Taylor Street.
- National Audio-Visual Conservation Center (NAVCC), Packard Campus, 19053 Mount Pony Road, Culpeper VA 22701-7551. Use the main entrance.
The Library has accessible rest rooms as indicated by signs in each building. In the Madison building, the accessible rest rooms are in the blue (Northwest) and yellow (Southeast) corridors of the building.
From time to time occupants of the Library of Congress may need to relocate, shelter in place or evacuate. The Library has extensive assisted evacuation plans that include areas of refuge, evacuation chairs and use of elevators for non-fire emergencies. Police, emergency coordinators and floor wardens will give directions and coordinate assisted evacuation as needed.