This project investigates and examines the impact transportation has had on peoples' lives. We chose to compare and contrast the turn of the centuries. This lesson introduces primary documents, specifically visuals. We intend for this activity to be used across grade levels and provide a basic framework that is adaptable. We intentionally left out a lot of specifics so that students would critically think about and come up with questions and ideas on their own for more in-depth study.
Students will be renewing and adding skills related to inquiry:
- View visual images and list details.
- Make deductions and interpretations from the list of details.
- Formulate questions for further investigation.
- Present deductions, conclusions, and questions to other groups.
- Continue research based on questions.
- Develop assessment tools.
Recommended Grade Level
- Science, Technology & Business
- Progressive Era to New Era, 1900-1929
- Postwar United States, 1945-present
Jane Hoover & Linda C. Joseph