The students will develop the skills needed to write a research paper. Students learn:
- the use of an interview as a primary source in writing research papers;
- the formulation, use, and importance of questions in researching a topic. (Students will practice posing questions and using them as a means to direct their research and to arrive at a unifying thesis statement.);
- the skills of accessing, interpreting, analyzing, and evaluating sources;
- the skill of note-taking;
- the writing of a focused history research paper rather than just a report.
Six to seven weeks.