Students use primary sources focused on baseball to explore the American experience regarding race and ethnicity.
- analyze historical images;
- create an original argument using primary sources;
- pose historical questions after analyzing and reflecting on primary sources;
- employ search strategies to obtain primary historical data from targeted collections of sources;
- place the developments of race and ethnicity in America in historical context.
Recommended Grade Level
- Sports, Recreation & Leisure
- Immigration & Ethnic Heritage
- Progressive Era to New Era, 1900-1929
- Rise of Industrial America, 1876-1900
Jennifer Schwelik & Greg Deegan