By the People, For the People: Posters from the WPA, 1936-1943 presents 907 posters used to advertise programs and projects that were created as part of the Works Projects Administration. Included are posters documenting cultural programs, travel and tourism in the United States, health and safety issues, and community activities.
In a hurry? Save or print these Collection Connections as a single file.
These online exhibits provide context and additional information about this collection.
- Collection Highlights
- Interview with WPA Silkscreen Artist Tony Velonis
- Federal Art Project Calendar
These historical era(s) are best represented in the collection although they may not be all-encompassing.
- The Great Depression and World War II, 1929-1945
Related Collections and Exhibits
- American Life Histories, 1936-1940
- FSA/OWI Photographs, 1938-1944
- Voices from the Dust Bowl, 1940-1941
Recommended additional sources of information.
Specific guidance for searching this collection
For help with general search strategies, see Finding Items in American Memory.